Norwich City vs NUFC - 17/8/19 @ 3pm

Kasper

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dc41570e-c04e-11e9-a4f3-ef0e7047cb9e

Steve Bruce has made the first bold call of his reign as Newcastle United head coach by leaving Sean Longstaff, a summer target for Manchester United, out of his starting XI for today’s game away to Norwich City.

Fuck off Steve.

Dropping Longstaff :lol:

Also those quotes about not being afforded the patience that Rafa got sound like he’s already hoping for a pay off.

Steve Bruce has made the first bold call of his reign as Newcastle United head coach by leaving Sean Longstaff, a summer target for Manchester United, out of his starting XI for today’s game away to Norwich City.

Fuck off Steve.

Also those quotes about not being afforded the patience that Rafa got sound like he’s already hoping for a pay off.

Longstaff was poor in the first game tbh. Maybe this means ASM and Almiron both to start?

Why do all the Militant Mags, constantly post in the match thread wishing we lose?

"Come on you Canaries." Fuck off man.

This Board has gone to absolute shit.

Because losing is more likely to get rid of Ashley, I'd presume.

Why do all the Militant Mags, constantly post in the match thread wishing we lose?

Why post on the match thread at all then?

This constant wishing to lose is just grating on me.

I won't spend any money on the Toon, realise we need Ashley out, and clearly Bruce is a poor choice for manager. I get that.

But I can't cheer when Newcastle gets beat or want them to get beat.

Dubravka

Schar Lascelles Dummett

Manquillo                          Willems

Hayden  Shelvey  Ritchie

Joelinton  Almiron

I reckon it'll be something like that 5-3-2/5-3-1-1.

I actively wanted us to lose end of the 13/14 season because I naively thought it might see Pardew off and a better coach would do well with a good squad (which I felt we’d had).

I’m just ‘meh’ about it all now. If we win, canny, if we lose, I’m not going to lose sleep over it anymore or be disappointed. It feels fucking weird.

I chose to go to graft last week rather than watch us.. very tempted to skip it this week as well.

Really liked the look of that German lad Moritz Leitner when he came on second half against Liverpool, got a decent touch on him.. could cause us a few problems.

Fuck off Steve.

Longstaff was poor in the first game tbh. Maybe this means ASM and Almiron both to start?

ASM is out (well, “doubtful” according to the Beeb), so we can look forward to Joelinton and Almiron being isolated while Hayden, Shelvey and Ki behind.or else he dropped Longstaff to shoehorn Ritchie into centre-midfield.

I won't spend any money on the Toon, realise we need Ashley out, and clearly Bruce is a poor choice for manager. I get that.

A win for the team is a win for Ashley and that really grates on me tbh.

:lol: I think eventually we're going to do without centre midfielders. Brucey already phasing them out. Just loads of CBs booting it long to some forwards.

This. Why he keeps banging on about Carroll too. Just going to be hoofing it to him

"Come on you Canaries." f*** off man.

This Board has gone to absolute s***.

It's for the good of the club though anyone can see that

A win for the team is a win for Ashley and that really grates on me tbh.

This for me.

I am and always will be invested in Newcastle as a team, just because I hate what we have and who we've become it doesn't mean I can just switch off and not care. I want back the club I grew up with, I long for the days where we're all trying (and likely failing!) to achieve success, not subsistence.

Unfortunately to get that back, we have to lose now. At least that's something I can wish for, something I can get behind. I can't get behind us winning because it's a win for Ashley and it means nothing for the team as we're only aiming for 17th, and prolongs this fucking awful purgatory-like existence.