Non-NUFC games you've attended / are attending

Guest neesy111

On 15/01/2024 at 08:21, Nucasol said:

I’d just rework a load of Specials songs if I was a Cov fan. Wouldn’t work with our Makina paced singing.

‘Do the Dog’ to ‘We are Cov’ would lend itself to the seemingly required tempo! 

• 3 weeks later...

Vancouver Whitecaps’ stadium was booked for the BC Home and Garden Show :lol: so they played their CONCACAF Champions League match v Tigres (Mexico) here in Victoria instead. I went, 1-1 with a late Tigres equaliser free kick by former France international Gignac. Sell out at 5700ish. 

Majority there were Mexicans I’d guess.

I’ve now been to champions leagues in Europe, Asia and North America. Need to do the Libertadores next. 

66F2BC43-2990-4DC0-BE8D-17C6AE1E08E9.jpeg

Edited by Superior Acuña

23 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Vancouver Whitecaps’ stadium was booked for the BC Home and Garden Show :lol: so they played their CONCACAF Champions League match v Tigres (Mexico) here in Victoria instead. I went, 1-1 with a late Tigres equaliser free kick by former France international Gignac. Sell out at 5700ish. 

I’ve now been to champions leagues in Europe, Asia and North America. Need to do the Libertadores next. 

66F2BC43-2990-4DC0-BE8D-17C6AE1E08E9.jpeg

https://x.com/projectfootball/status/1755526813969744096?s=46

Just a thought at the moment as probably won't find anybody else up for it. Stag do in Belfast next month and Glentoran are at home in the cup quarter final. Seems handy for the city centre and cheap to get in (£13 league price). Anyone experienced any NI domestic stuff? Can you drink on the concourse? All the important questions need answering ☺.

2 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Just a thought at the moment as probably won't find anybody else up for it. Stag do in Belfast next month and Glentoran are at home in the cup quarter final. Seems handy for the city centre and cheap to get in (£13 league price). Anyone experienced any NI domestic stuff? Can you drink on the concourse? All the important questions need answering ☺.

Genuinely thought you were inviting us randos to a match on a stag do at first.

2 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

@Yorkie @Decky @Froggy

@Scoreboard82 I haven't been to The Oval in a few years but last time there was no drinking in the stands. Two bars though and open during the game.

Not the handiest from the centre. 5a bus (I think) will take you from the city centre to the ground. About 20 mins. Don't know if the Glider serves it since it came in. 

Shite area. I'd recommend drinking in the city before and after. :lol:

On 07/02/2024 at 22:55, Superior Acuña said:

There'll not be that many there for Cavalry vs Orlando City next week, that's for sure. Bizarre choice of venue for that one. It's not even been that cold here.

10 hours ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Not done Glentoran but there was drinking on the concourses at Crusaders. 

Mainly because it's pretty unique I'd say. Old distinctive main stand, open old school concrete terraces and fencing, industrial backdrop. If you're a ground nonce you're not looking for modern comforts. Not many grounds these days of that type that haven't either already been bulldozed or re-developed on all four sides.

Edited by ponsaelius

On 12/02/2024 at 00:05, Froggy said:

@Scoreboard82 I haven't been to The Oval in a few years but last time there was no drinking in the stands. Two bars though and open during the game.

Not the handiest from the centre. 5a bus (I think) will take you from the city centre to the ground. About 20 mins. Don't know if the Glider serves it since it came in. 

Shite area. I'd recommend drinking in the city before and after. :lol:

@Scoreboard82

The best option would would probably be to get the glider (every 10/15 mins from City Hall or Custom House Square) to Connswater and walk over, don't get the 5a as it goes somewhere else entirely. Agree with the bit in bold :lol:

1 hour ago, JB said:

@Scoreboard82

The best option would would probably be to get the glider (every 10/15 mins from City Hall or Custom House Square) to Connswater and walk over, don't get the 5a as it goes somewhere else entirely. Agree with the bit in bold :lol:

Thanks. Excuse my ignorance but is the glider a bus/train? 

4 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Thanks. Excuse my ignorance but is the glider a bus/train? 

It's a bendy bus with a fancy name. :lol: The G1 that runs between east and west Belfast is what you'd want, towards Dundonald. #BelfastBusChat

1 minute ago, JB said:

It's a bendy bus with a fancy name. :lol: The G1 that runs between east and west Belfast is what you'd want, towards Dundonald. #BelfastBusChat

Dundonald. Reminds me of taking my daughter over there when she was young. Had been some cheap flights etc. Anyway, we wanted to go skating at the "Dundonald ice bowl". Got on a bus. Told the driver where we were going. Now I'm usually good with accents but I was convinced the driver told us to get off at what I thought was a pub, "The Horse Bottle". Journey goes on and I don't see this pub. Best ask the driver I thought. Turns out he'd told us to get off at the HOSPITAL  which we'd  passed 😃. Luckily the bus went on a circular route and we stayed in til we passed again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever been to the MK Dons stadium? I am there now for the Walsall game and it’s one of the nicest stadiums I’ve been to. All of the seats are padded.IMG_6166.thumb.jpeg.f075f8d81c4655f6c7aeec62b6a00eaf.jpeg

8 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Has anyone ever been to the MK Dons stadium? I am there now for the Walsall game and it’s one of the nicest stadiums I’ve been to. All of the seats are padded.IMG_6166.thumb.jpeg.f075f8d81c4655f6c7aeec62b6a00eaf.jpeg

Looks like you chose a good game to go to. Williamson flying. 

9 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Looks like you chose a good game to go to. Williamson flying. 

They didn’t start well but to be fair to Mike Williamson he recognised that and made some early subs which changed the game for them.