Newcastle United 1-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers - post match from page 14

Greg

Someone from the coaching staff really needs to tell them to stop floating long balls from deep to Joelinton, he's barely bothering to challenge for them now.

And I don't blame him either. It's ridiculous how often the team just flings things in his general direction.

Someone from the coaching staff really needs to tell them to stop floating long balls from deep to Joelinton, he's barely bothering to challenge for them now.

[/

And I don't blame him either. It's ridiculous how often the team just flings things in his general direction.

three steve's staring at each other going "but what other tactic is there?"

Surprised at Wolves tbh, they looked good for the first 10 minutes then sat back and let us have the ball more and more.

Other than at Man City they have generally been shite after a Europa League game.

I still cant believe how little Fede has played here considering how good he's been.

He's never let us down tbf, the other cb's have been generally very good.

Tbf Centre-back is probably our strongest position - we have options there.

Longstaffs really grew into the game and were starting to run the show. Crazy bit of composure from matty on the edge of his box at one point.

ASM is absolutely the real deal. The Almiron conundrum continues but he also grew into the half. Joelinton is worse but has nothing to feed off. We miss something more direct through the center.

Defence has played well and we generally do with Fernandez. Complete no nonsense and criminally underused.