Sheffield Utd 0-2 Newcastle Utd - 05/12/19 - Post-match reaction from page 18

Disco

I am surprised there haven't been more goals like that one and Kelechi's on Sunday for Leicester (though this probably would have been a goal regardless). The new rules are a big adjustment for defenders and linesman. It is easy for both parties to have a mental lapse when they have been trained a certain way for 20+ years. The main issue is the linesman putting the flag up for marginal offsides decisions, it creates nothing but confusion.

If Rafa was in charge this would be a masterclass of a performance,  HWTFL

Nah, that's rubbish.

Rafa never had us looking like this in the Championship and we are playing a team fresh out of the Championship today.

I don't see why its farcical.  Everyone knows the rules.  Sheffield United were school boy there.  Play to the whistle.  My boy knows better.

The excessive number of spaces after each sentence really troubles me here.

Old school.  Two after a full stop.

Nah, that's rubbish.

Rafa never had us looking like this in the Championship and we are playing a team fresh out of the Championship today.

Who have been playing excellent and showing up many big sides...

I am surprised there haven't been more goals like that one and Kelechi's on Sunday for Leicester (though this probably would have been a goal regardless). The new rules are a big adjustment for defenders and linesman. It is easy for both parties to have a mental lapse when they have been trained a certain way for 20+ years. The main issue is the linesman putting the flag up for marginal offsides decisions, it creates nothing but confusion.

Agree it’s absolutely ridiculous

Nah, that's rubbish.

I would never think to even compare Bruce to Rafa (goes without saying), but to say we didn't put in some performances that made for horrendous watching under Rafa (regardless of how effective) would be romanticising a tad.

Was listening to a pod the other day which was saying linesmen are basically redundant and only add confusion.

Nah, that's rubbish.

Who have been playing excellent and showing up many big sides...

Yes, but we have to be honest. We have sat 11 men well below the half way line the whole game, which they're not used to.

We've had 27% possession against a team just up from the championship. That is bloody ridiculous.

I don't see why its farcical.  Everyone knows the rules.  Sheffield United were school boy there.  Play to the whistle.  My boy knows better.

Naaaah there's 3 spaces after the first 3 sentences. I checked before I posted :lol:

Agree it’s absolutely ridiculous

I'm not convinced the linesman flagging is them getting used to it.  I think in some cases it's stubbornness.  Just look tonight.  He was proven wrong then two minutes later he flags on a marginal again. 

Nah, that's rubbish.

Fork off man, this is killing most,  we have been superb at a smash and grab and if this was last season we'd be fucking all over Rafa, folk just wont admit it.

Naaaah there's 3 spaces after the first 3 sentences. I checked before I posted :lol:

Fair enough.  I blame the Mac dodgy keyboard  :razz: