Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

As I said a while back, it's in the best interest of the Premier League to make this look like the most begrudging approval possible.

If they'd waved them through you'd have Amnesty, beIN, and several other parties furious. It's much better for their image if they make it look like they had no choice then push through chronic reform of the test.

Big fucking deal.

This is so bloody annoying. Played out fully in the press, much to the agony of the supporters of this club. Much to the enjoyment of anyone who doesn’t want it to happen.

Got to be some sick petty individuals who want to ruin the hopes and dreams of hundreds of thousands of people and leave us with Ashley after 13 years of him. All over something as inconsequential as this

:lol: who? The Qataris? They don’t give a flying f*** about either the fans or Mike Ashley. It doesn’t even factor into their calculations.

n

So what's their issue then to be sending shit like this in something that's none of their business

the fact that someone in saudi arabia has been blatantly stealing their stuff and re transmitting it? And while no one here can say for certain the government was involved at some level they seemed to at least ignore its existence officially despite many protests against it including from the premier league itself. Throw in the fact SA has been leading a coalition of nations in the region currently (I think) having an economic war with Qatar and yeah I can see why they'd be irritated by this

I don't have Sky or BT sports but still watch football, I don't think the our government is involved at any level so i don't see how it could be proven the Saudi's are.

As I said a while back, it's in the best interest of the Premier League to make this look like the most begrudging approval possible.

If they'd waved them through you'd have Amnesty, beIN, and several other parties furious. It's much better for their image if they make it look like they had no choice then push through chronic reform of the test.

Thought you said you were new?

Well well well.

Caulkin is quiet right now, I assume he is trying to find out from Staveley If this is new information or not.

Imagine her at home shagging her husband and then Caulkin starts peering in the window.. “got an update Mandy”

Caulkin is quiet right now, I assume he is trying to find out from Staveley If this is new information or not.

Imagine her at home shagging her husband and then Caulkin starts peering in the window.. “got an update Mandy”

:lol:

Guest Carrick18

I just looked it up and what I said was five days ago. My God time moves slowly in quarantine. :lol:

Guest reefatoon

I just looked it up and what I said was five days ago. My God time moves slowly in quarantine. :lol:

:lol: Good save. Think it’s this damn takeover malarkey making time drag. Every day is Groundhog Day.

This is so bloody annoying. Played out fully in the press, much to the agony of the supporters of this club. Much to the enjoyment of anyone who doesn’t want it to happen.

Every single time isn't it. I can't think of any other club who this has happened too. It's been all over the media and the amount of other clubs fans talking about it as if it's already done. If this falls through then god how are we supposed to even feel anything the next time a circus like this starts up

:lol:

tenor.gif?itemid=5526111

I guess I'm just trying to wrap my head around the BeoutQ argument when the network itself has been off air since August 2019. When this did hit an actual court, the case was thrown out.

:lol: Spat me drink out.

My theory (not that it means much): they've had this document for a few days, but they were going to wave it through anyway. Now whoever sent it has leaked its existence to the press as a last role of the dice to try and exert some external pressure.

Every single time isn't it. I can't think of any other club who this has happened too. It's been all over the media and the amount of other clubs fans talking about it as if it's already done. If this falls through then god how are we supposed to even feel anything the next time a circus like this starts up

This is probably the first high profile club to have had a high profile takeover in this new modern world we live in - so that has surely played a part. It doesn't help that the Buyer has many enemies, it doesn't help that our club isn't an all loving globally loved club like Liverpool or Manchester United, it doensn't help that the current club owner refuses to say a word, and it surely doesn't help that England is currently in a lockdown and the PL have a restart they are trying to sort out.

My theory (not that it means much): they've had this document for a few days, but they were going to wave it through anyway. Now whoever sent it has leaked its existence to the press as a last role of the dice to try and exert some external pressure.

It's probably not far from the truth. It's probably some last ditch "public move" by the opposition to this deal.

Similar line of thought, I was thinking what if the issue was what delayed things last week in terms of unforeseen and clarity needed murmurs and final reason is leaked now. Hopefully these stakeholders making up the bid are so determined they will overcome any obstacles.

Pure speculation but a solid theory. If they sent documents, you can be sure they were plentiful. Keep them busy

Pure speculation but a solid theory. If they sent documents, you can be sure they were plentiful. Keep them busy

Aye for clarification, it's based on nothing but my own hunch. It just seems strange it's been a long process, with not a peep from the PL, other than a public letter to Amnesty. Then at the alleged final hurdle the Guardian and beIN (both opponents to the deal) catch wind of new evidence.