Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Is it me or has it been really quiet lately around this from supporters? Guess there not much more to be said really.

Because it's gone way way way passed anything we ever expected.

I used to be glued to here and twitter when it all started, now I hardly even check at all. The PL have made a fucking mess of this.

Same here. I used to be refreshing this thread umpteen times a day, now I am not even thinking about it any more.

It might well still happen at some point, but could just as easily be October as any time soon.

Wonder if there are still people on here who think the PL don't look utterly incompetent about this?

If the Saudis haven't satisfied the PL's requirements, there's only 3 ways forward:

1) Change the requirements

2) Fail the Saudis

3) Give them more time to make the changes they need to make to satisfy the PL

1) Isn't happening, and nor should it. I'm not in favour of 2) for obvious reasons. Guess we're at 3), which doesn't equate to incompetence at all.

Just because nobody has told us anything and it isn't resolved yet doesn't mean anyone is being incompetent.

Nothing to suggest that that's what's going on though, except your own conclusions. If the Saudis don't meet the requirements, they should have been failed and allowed an appeal process (which basically would have been a combination of 2 and 3), but it doesn't appear that's what is happening at all.

Nothing to suggest that that's what's going on though, except your own conclusions. If the Saudis don't meet the requirements, they should have been failed and allowed an appeal process (which basically would have been a combination of 2 and 3), but it doesn't appear that's what is happening at all.

Why does that not appear what's happening, because nobody has specifically informed you? :lol:

You realise these things go on behind closed doors, don't you? Or do you genuinely believe that the PL have been sat with all the information in front of them and just been unable to decide anything for 14 weeks? Because that's laughable. That would indeed be incompetence, but there's no reason at all to think that's what's happening.

The PL have not liked at least some of what they've seen, probably the rampant state-sponsored piracy in SA which we all in our hearts know is or at least was happening, and that MBS is the chairman of PIF and therefore a person of influence and a potential shadow director of NUFC. Therefore they've had (and may still have) things to sort out.

There was no way this could pass in its initial format, so we should be grateful the PL seem to be giving Saudi Arabia a chance to satisfactorily put its house in order. If and when they do that to the PLs satisfaction, this passes. If they fail to do that, this fails. But nobody is just sitting round day after day going "You know what, I'm still not sure. Let's have another look at it tomorrow lads!"

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating. But I we've just got to wait it out because changes on a national level probably need to be seen to be happening before the PL can approve this.

Guest godzilla

Why does that not appear what's happening, because nobody has specifically informed you? :lol:

You realise these things go on behind closed doors, don't you? Or do you genuinely believe that the PL have been sat with all the information in front of them and just been unable to decide anything for 14 weeks? Because that's laughable. That would indeed be incompetence, but there's no reason at all to think that's what's happening.

The PL have not liked at least some of what they've seen, probably the rampant state-sponsored piracy in SA which we all in our hearts know is or at least was happening, and that MBS is the chairman of PIF and therefore a person of influence and a potential shadow director of NUFC. Therefore they've had (and may still have) things to sort out.

There was no way this could pass in its initial format, so we should be grateful the PL seem to be giving Saudi Arabia a chance to satisfactorily put its house in order. If and when they do that to the PLs satisfaction, this passes. If they fail to do that, this fails. But nobody is just sitting round day after day going "You know what, I'm still not sure. Let's have another look at it tomorrow lads!"

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating. But I we've just got to wait it out because changes on a national level probably need to be seen to be happening before the PL can approve this.

Well the WTO report or the French court didn't state that and that's what they should be basing their findings on. The one thing that they were found to be responsible for is not doing enough to stop the piracy.

Be announced tomorrow after this embarrassment is out of the way. It's like when a new manager comes in to save a club from relegation and the next fixture is the reigning champions away...'I'll watch that from the stands as I don't want to disrupt the preparation'  :lol:

Rolling over and getting our tummies tickled by the top 6, pundits waxing lyrical about City.

This is what the Premier Leagues all about, why the f#%k would the premier league want to approve this takeover and upset the apple cart.

For anyone sick of the takeover and claiming they don’t care anymore, this is the reality and rams home more than ever this really is our last fu#%ing chance.

Because the apple cart is always expanding. It was only a few years ago it was the top 4 not the top 6.

They’ve clearly changed the rules since they allowed City and Chelsea to join the party.

Thought that was a well known fact.

Because the apple cart is always expanding. It was only a few years ago it was the top 4 not the top 6.

They’ve clearly changed the rules since they allowed City and Chelsea to join the party.

Thought that was a well known fact.

Aye, and they'll change the rules again once our takeover is concluded.

I fully expect this takeover to be rejected by the PL, but I believe the PL are waiting until the current season has ended so there are no games left where fans can turn up outside SJP to demonstrate against their decision.  We won't be given an adequate explanation either, it will simply be a case of the EPL saying "no comment, our decision is based upon a confidential process" when asked for an explanation.  Is my glass half empty or half full?

I fully expect this takeover to be rejected by the PL, but I believe the PL are waiting until the current season has ended so there are no games left where fans can turn up outside SJP to demonstrate against their decision.  We won't be given an adequate explanation either, it will simply be a case of the EPL saying "no comment, our decision is based upon a confidential process" when asked for an explanation.  Is my glass half empty or half full?

Why would the PL care about fans turning up at st James park? Honestly the theorising in here is ridiculous at times :lol:

Also I suspect fans would turn up at at James park if it goes thru also so why have you took the negative view?

It seems more likely to me that a decision has already been made and they’re making sure everything is in order for an inevitable legal challenge. Whatever the decision surely someone will try and challenge it whether it’s Staveley and the Saudi’s or one of their many detractors if it goes our way.

Despite it being frustrating as a fan I can’t help being slightly impressed at how the Premier League don’t have a single leak in their camp. There must be all sorts of people involved in the process and there hasn’t been a single indication which way they’re favouring.

It seems more likely to me that a decision has already been made and they’re making sure everything is in order for an inevitable legal challenge. Whatever the decision surely someone will try and challenge it whether it’s Staveley and the Saudi’s or one of their many detractors if it goes our way.

Despite it being frustrating as a fan I can’t help being slightly impressed at how the Premier League don’t have a single leak in their camp. There must be all sorts of people involved in the process and there hasn’t been a single indication which way they’re favouring.

With regards to leaks, I’m not surprised. The only parties privy to this will likely be masters and the Lawyers.