Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Everyone's favourite Telegraph employed ray of sunshine appears to be attempting to backtrack a bit this morning.  Makes a claim that he's been "lost in translation" before subsequently stating in a round about way that he's right anyway.

I was tempted to look but I'm just not giving him clicks now like. 

Everyone's favourite Telegraph employed ray of sunshine appears to be attempting to backtrack a bit this morning.  Makes a claim that he's been "lost in translation" before subsequently stating in a round about way that he's right anyway.

Do you think he’s heard it’s close and is now shitting himself that he might not get any FaceTime with the new directors of our club

Maybe that's what already happened.

if bein is now being shown in SA as has been suggested the last couple of days (which i've not seen debunked?) then there's a chance they've gone through this process with specific reference to F.15.3

also agree with the point that it would be strange to wait this long and go through it all to say no, more likely they're working on or have worked on solutions to get the deal through

have always thought this was what was taking time, the PL finding a way to get it through, just didn't bank on the qatar angle being as big as it was

Speaking purely hypothetically here.... If the takeover by KSA goes through and a journalist has been strongly supporting and/or parroting the messaging of Qatar, then there is a high probability of that journalist finding themselves frozen out of the club.  They may find they have bet on the wrong horse and now there is a price to pay for that decision.  Consequently, if they believe that the takeover has been approved, they may start trying to walk things back along the lines of "I'm just a journalist, I only report what I am told" in an attempt to convince the new owner that it wasn't their fault.  It's the journalistic equivalent of "I was just following orders."

I’d be all for Edwards, Bird and Martin Hardy being banned and that’s just the local ones. The negativity and click baiting these 3 have undertook leaves a bad taste.

Guest chopey

I think the whole Womanchester incident turned Edwards against Newcastle fans, he just seems so bitter.

Speaking purely hypothetically here.... If the takeover by KSA goes through and a journalist has been strongly supporting and/or parroting the messaging of Qatar, then there is a high probability of that journalist finding themselves frozen out of the club.  They may find they have bet on the wrong horse and now there is a price to pay for that decision.  Consequently, if they believe that the takeover has been approved, they may start trying to walk things back along the lines of "I'm just a journalist, I only report what I am told" in an attempt to convince the new owner that it wasn't their fault.  It's the journalistic equivalent of "I was just following orders."

I’d be all for Edwards, Bird and Martin Hardy being banned and that’s just the local ones. The negativity and click baiting these 3 have undertook leaves a bad taste.

Hear you on Bird and Puke but I rate Martin Hardy and think he's at the much better end of the spectrum imho.

FYI: Journo rating spectrum as follows;

Ryder - - - - Edwards - - - - The rest - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Caulkin.

I've gone on record as stating GC has dropped since he joined the Athletic but he is better than the others, just not as much as when he was at the Times imho.

Hardy is at the closer end to GC than Edwards imho.

Desparation makes me look into things far too deeply in the hope that this takeover goes through. However, the club email yesterday about the refunds asked fans not to reply or do anything and next week processes will start did just that.

Perhaps the staff are being taking off furlough next week to do this? In which case that COULD mean things are happening. That and the bein transmissions now being accessed in Saudi give me hope it will not be too long.....

Hear you on Bird and Puke but I rate Martin Hardy and think he's at the much better end of the spectrum imho.

Ryder - - - - Edwards - - - - The rest - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Caulkin.

I've gone on record as stating GC has dropped since he joined the Athletic but he is better than the others, just not as much as when he was at the Times imho.

How has he dropped after going to the athletic - he has produced quality stuff for them

From BBC

Live Reporting

Ben Collins

Posted at 10:0610:06

Newcastle takeover deal must be blocked, MP tells government

Dan Roan

BBC Sports editor

The government has been urged to block the Saudi Arabia-led takeover of Newcastle United until it investigates TV piracy in the country.

Earlier this week the World Trade Organisation (WTO) ruled that Saudi Arabia helped breach international piracy laws in relation to the broadcaster beoutQ.

It has been accused of illegally broadcasting a range of professional sport, including the Premier League.

Angus MacNeil, chair of the International Trade Select Committee, has now written to trade secretary Liz Truss to voice his concerns.

In a letter seen by BBC Sport, MacNeil says: "As you would have seen, the WTO has made a landmark ruling on the protection of sports rights, which is one of the UK's most valuable and treasured exports.

"In its ruling, the WTO held that the government of Saudi Arabia has, from the beginning, been actively... supporting the 'beoutQ' piracy operation that has stolen the commercial rights of UK sports bodies for three years."

Article Reactions

Like4 likes4Disliked7 dislikes7

Article share tools

ShareView more share options

Copy this link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/53104798?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5eec803058cd51066616768f%26Newcastle%20takeover%20deal%20must%20be%20blocked%2C%20MP%20tells%20government%262020-06-19T09%3A06%3A57.302Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:67a8585a-5a42-45fc-9259-537376ed1a29&pinned_post_asset_id=5eec803058cd51066616768f&pinned_post_type=share

Read more about these links.

Posted at 10:0510:05

Post update

We're about to hear from Newcastle manager Steve Bruce, but first we have an update on the club's potential takeover...

For god sake, not this again  :tickedoff: (not your post, the whole government rejection thing).

I'm pretty sure they said weeks ago that they wouldn't get involved

How has he dropped after going to the athletic - he has produced quality stuff for them

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=103131.msg7238364#msg7238364

Been a full discussion on it here.

Nice back hander from the Qatari’s for a bit of lobbying. They’ve had no joy with Tories now there trying any fu#%er.

I love how Roan focuses on the part of raabs interview that can be construed negatively aswell.

Just put in the other thread, that Sunday’s game will be the biggest indicator if the fat twat is really going/gone, if his shit direct tat is draped all over the seats then that might be an indication that he’s still here for a while, if there is no shit direct all over the seats that’s as good an  Indicator as we’re going to get, as he never misses an opportunity to advertise his tat