Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

"My communication with the Premier League achieved results, they acknowledged that they are fully considering my petition," said Hatice Cengiz.

Well, she's certainly got the technique of spinning things her way I suppose  :lol:

don't have anything against her and i really feel for her, but i wish she'd be as vocal against the other companies (and the uk government) involved with KSA.

The whole thing is a Qatar sponsored PR exercise.

Qatar have used her for their own ends.

Do they not show every game regardless?

Yes, overseas do.

Not in every market. Scandinavian countries are only allowed one 3 pm game on Saturdays (different now though, obviously).

Guest neesy111

Yes, overseas do.

Not in every market. Scandinavian countries are only allowed one 3 pm game on Saturdays (different now though, obviously).

Yes, apologies forgot to mention there are restrictions within europe.

Question about TV-rights/money.

If PIF buys Newcastle, can BEIN refuse to show their games and lower their "cut" of the TV-money?

would depend on how the contracts written but iirc China back in december or something didn't show an Arsenal game they were going to after Ozil had the temerity to criticize them over their treatment of Uighur Muslims so not beyond the realms of possibility if your a market the premier league doesn't want to piss off

I’m not worried about her in the slightest. The PL have already told her to fuck off in the politest of ways.

The whole thing is a farce at this stage though. We should be told what the hold up is. There’s just contradictions everywhere.

The club have remained silent officially but even Steve Bruce has publicly said that Lee Charnley told him they are in the dark about what’s happening.

Now we know that’s not entirely true. The club have been informed as they are the ones passing messages on to the buyers. Whether that’s above Charnleys pay grade is another thing but I’m sure he’s had information.

It’s impossible to read into and it’s looking like all areas of the press have been bullshitting us throughout.

Yes, overseas do.

Live that is.

But they show every game a few hours later so all games is shown at some point.

The fact it's taken so long and has been so drawn out is because I think they (officially/unofficially??) failed it a month or so ago. They got cold feet about the WTO report and about the repercussions about the piracy. I think they let people know what needed to be done in order for it to pass and those things are (or have) now being put in place and it's a matter of time before it's rubber stamped by the PL. It's a case of PIF and SA jumping through the hoops the PL have told them to in order to get it passed. All just a hunch without any evidence whatsoever. 

Guest godzilla

The fact it's taken so long and has been so drawn out is because I think they (officially/unofficially??) failed it a month or so ago. They got cold feet about the WTO report and about the repercussions about the piracy. I think they let people know what needed to be done in order for it to pass and those things are (or have) now being put in place and it's a matter of time before it's rubber stamped by the PL. It's a case of PIF and SA jumping through the hoops the PL have told them to in order to get it passed. All just a hunch without any evidence whatsoever.

We would have had a leak if it had failed or even if it passed. Just think the Premier League hierarchy are just absolute knackers and running scared of making a decision either way.

Guest neesy111

I think this as well.  We don't know anything about the questions the PL have asked, what answers the PIF have sent back and also what the internal criteria around all this stuff is.

We would have had a leak if it had failed or even if it passed. Just think the Premier League hierarchy are just absolute knackers and running scared of making a decision either way.

Given the stakes politically I'm not sure I agree. It would have been a very discreet 'no'. Followed by an immediate list of things to do to turn it into a 'yes'.

Guest godzilla

We would have heard from Ashley if it had failed, he would have kept his £17 million regardless of they came back again or not.

Of course it would have been leaked.

Guest godzilla

Given the stakes politically I'm not sure I agree. It would have been a very discreet 'no'. Followed by an immediate list of things to do to turn it into a 'yes'.

Disagree we would have heard, entitled to your opinion though as nobody knows for sure.

Disagree we would have heard, entitled to your opinion though as nobody knows for sure.

That's fair enough :thup:

Could have been an unofficial 'no'. Just thinking out aloud really, no-one seems to actually know where we are or how we got there, hence all of the speculation, myself included.

Guest godzilla

That's fair enough :thup:

Could have been an unofficial 'no'. Just thinking out aloud really, no-one seems to actually know where we are or how we got there, hence all of the speculation, myself included.

:thup:

Richard Masters wasn’t brought in to make decision. The job at the Premier League has never been about making decisions, it’s been about accepting the highest sponsorship/broadcasts deals, and giving into the demands of the top 6.

Since he has came into the job he has had two tough decisions to make, both of which could make a break a someone’s career, if they were in charge of a respectable organisation that is.

I still believe the project restart was forced upon him by broadcasters, and then the government who were keen on giving the public something to keep them entertained.

The takeover will be decided by whoever he feels more pressure from. It won’t be done on merit, if it was done on merit it would have had a decision by now. He wasn’t supposed to make these decisions, and he’s totally out of his depth in making them. It was just supposed to be another job for one of the boys.

Let’s face facts everyone’s confidence on this is waning now, I even sense Caulkin is nowhere near as confident.

I do believe there trying to work it out, however the premier league are terrified of bein pulling the plug. The other 19 clubs would be up in arms if they lost tv cash, and masters knows his own job is on line here.

The question is what hoops are they asking the Saudis to jump through, I have a feeling bein will drive such a hard bargain it will be impossible to find compromise.

I just can’t see any deal being struck on this anytime soon.

Let’s face facts everyone’s confidence on this is waning now, I even sense Caulkin is nowhere near as confident.

I do believe there trying to work it out, however the premier league are terrified of bein pulling the plug. The other 19 clubs would be up in arms if they lost tv cash, and masters knows his own job is on line here.

The question is what hoops are they asking the Saudis to jump through, I have a feeling bein will drive such a hard bargain it will be impossible to find compromise.

I just can’t see any deal being struck on this anytime soon.

Agreed on Caulkin. His wording has changed noticeably over the last week. Even today he said “I’ll judge the new owners if and when they arrive”

IF? The fuck is that!?

Something doesn’t feel right about the situation.

I still think this will go through, I’m just annoyed at how incompetent the Premier League are and how blatant they are in not giving a fuck.

The league over the last few years have been on about how they should change, how theirs too many jobs for the boys in football etc. They had an opportunity to give it someone who could actually do a decent job. Instead they have the equivalent of the Premier League’s Lee Charnley, the former tea boy who licked enough ass to somehow land himself the best job in the organisation. The guy isn’t there to do anything other than collect money. He’s perfect though because he looks slightly younger than the old bastards who came before him, and he looks slightly less rich. He’s just as fucking arrogant though, and as big of a cunt as those before him, and arguably more inept.

There is no longer a case of people saying it takes this long for these deals to be thrashed out, and not to be silly about claiming a bias against us. Ok so the bias may not be exactly anti-Newcastle, but it’s clearly anti-top 6 club, and therefor we don’t give a fuck. The fact that he has had the audacity to respond to the likes of BeIN, MP’s, and Hastice, yet claim he can’t say anything when question by people wanting answer for our side is insulting. It’s almost like people who have fuck all to with football are more important than the fans and officials of the club who are affected by it.

Here’s to 10-15 more years of the Premier League being run by someone who doesn’t give a flying fuck about the sport, the clubs, or the fans, and will only be kept busy by counting his salary and making sure his days is filled attending lavish events paid for by supporters money. Events that are attended by equally as arrogant self entitled scumbags who’s topic of conversation is only about how much they have swindled out of the ordinary Joe over the last week, and how they have tried to inconvenience their lives even further. Hip hip, hooray!

My interest in PL football, and football in general has waned massively in this past decade. 10 years ago I was at every home game and 75% of away games. If a match (not involving NUFC) was on telly 9 times out of 10 I'd be watching it. This season I've been to 2 games. 1 home (free ticket) and 1 away, just for a day out on the drink if truth be told. Very rarely watch TV games and have now cancelled Sky Sports as I dont watch it.

If this takeover had gone through it would have ignited my interest, not to the levels of 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 years ago, but I would have taken a strong interest once again.

As things stand I'll probably have a cursory glance at the results on a Saturday tea time and not much more.