Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I can't for the life of me think of what is possibly holding up an announcement either way.

I understand this has probably been one of the stickier takeovers the Prem has had to deal with but my god, how many weeks are we on now?!

I'd almost wish a failed takeover announcement just so I can put a finger on where the whole process is, as irrational as that is.

I'm just fed up with it.

:lol: :lol:

I don’t know what else to add to this saga.

Honestly, I might have known that Fat cunt had something to do with it. Now I feel sorry for the PL.

Guest godzilla

:lol: :lol:

I don’t know what else to add to this saga.

It's an absolute fucking joke I agree  :lol:

Guest godzilla

I can't for the life of me think of what is possibly holding up an announcement either way.

I understand this has probably been one of the stickier takeovers the Prem has had to deal with but my god, how many weeks are we on now?!

I'd almost wish a failed takeover announcement just so I can put a finger on where the whole process is, as irrational as that is.

I'm just fed up with it.

Yep

It does seem odd that PIF are going through the O&D Test, yet the line of communication is diverted through the seller (Ashley/his legal team), and apparently down to them to advise PIF if they've passed/failed.

However, if he is as desperate to sell this time as is being reported, then hopefully the delay in the processes isn't down to him/his legal team.

As for that tweet above claiming 'the club' is preparing for next season, then the people in the club would be the last to know, as it'll all be being dealt with by Ashley's legals anyway.

So if everything goes through Ashley, you can see why everything is taking so long as that fat slimy prick does everything at a snails pace. This is going one of 2 ways now, he’s either dragging them along knowing it’s not going to pass and he gets to pocket £17m(But £17m is a drop at what he’s going to lose in the current PL climate) or he’s just doing his normal everything at his pace has all the right signs and will get round to them when he gets round to them. I can’t see a multi billion company like PCP and PIF just sitting round taking his word for everything TBH

Guest godzilla

So if everything goes through Ashley, you can see why everything is taking so long as that fat slimy prick does everything at a snails pace. This is going one of 2 ways now, he’s either dragging them along knowing it’s not going to pass and he gets to pocket £17m(But £17m is a drop at what he’s going to lose in the current PL climate) or he’s just doing his normal everything at his pace has all the right signs and will get round to them when he gets round to them. I can’t see a multi billion company like PCP and PIF just sitting round taking his word for everything TBH

He will be desperate to sell and I can't see him trying to 'snails pace' this through when he needs the money asap.

If it has failed, but the consortium is currently working through the prems snags then so be it, letting people know wouldn't be the worst thing in the world would it?

It has passed and they are deciding on best way/time to announce it. This would just be cruel tbh haha.

The Prem is actually the sticking point and they are taking their sweet time for whatever reason face saving/legal wrangles/pure Ineptitude.

The slightly worrying question is does this mean that Staveley is getting her confidence and positive vibes from Ashley and Charnley? :lol:

Nah, they apparently have some sort of contact with the PL, according to GC...

AS: Hi Mike, can you pass the files on to the premier league and whatever you do, dont lose them, they have confidential details surrounding human rights abuses, shady business transactions and violations of business laws.

MA: Ok, I will keep them separate from mine so there is no confusion.

The slightly worrying question is does this mean that Staveley is getting her confidence and positive vibes from Ashley and Charnley? :lol:

Nah, they apparently have some sort of contact with the PL, according to GC...

Ah, phew!

That's good. Ta. :lol:

The Premier League just don’t care. They have taken far too long. Ok so there is the Southampton situation which took longer, but that was effectively 2 different tests. There is no indication that PIF have failed a test. The Premier League are just taking their time because quite frankly, they don’t give a fuck. They have even admitted that the pandemic hasn’t slowed the process down.

They have willingly let everyone with an agenda and who wanted to use the takeover as a form of publicity to do that, be that Amnesty, Hatice Cengiz, BeIN/Qatar, and various MP’s. They have had the opportunity to bury it in news of the Premier League restarting, and the Liverpool wankfest and passed on it.

They have had the opportunity to wash their hands of responsibility by the government repeatedly saying they won’t object to the takeover and then the WTO report, they failed too.

They have been asked by reporters, fans, and now a supporters trust why they think it’s ok to allow the club to just float adrift because of the lack of direction it’s leading too and failed to respond to those fans.

Masters has shown utter contempt for the fans and the club by saying timing isn’t an issue.

People are getting laughed at by suggesting that if this was another club, especially a top 6 club then it wouldn’t take so long. They are right, there has never been a case where a club has had to wait so long. As I pointed out the Southampton takeover was effectively 2 different processes. The EFL who took ages to decided how they would go about with project restart and like to cock things up, are halfway through their 2nd D&O test at Charlton in 6 months, and their tests are supposed to be stricter.

It's a frankly ridiculous process that the buyers have to send their answers via the sellers.

Surely in any other commercial situation, you'd just have an authorisation from the sellers to the PL to vet the buyers?

There's potential for huge conflicts of interest at play here.

The sellers could slow the deal down.

The sellers could see the buyers vision for a club (any club, not just NUFC) and adopt it themselves by playing games to kill the deal.

This is a ludicrous way of administering a deal.

Kanji[/member] - Man, WTF? You ever even heard of such bullshit?

The Premier League just don’t care. They have taken far too long.

Ok so there is the Southampton situation which took longer, but that was effectively 2 different tests. There is no indication that PIF have failed a test. The Premier League are just taking their time because quite frankly, they don’t give a fuck. They have even admitted that the pandemic hasn’t slowed the process down.

They have willingly let everyone with an agenda and who wanted to use the takeover as a form of publicity to do that, be that Amnesty, Hatice Cengiz, BeIN/Qatar, and various MP’s. They have had the opportunity to bury it in news of the Premier League restarting, and the Liverpool wankfest and passed on it.

They have had the opportunity to wash their hands of responsibility by the government repeatedly saying they won’t object to the takeover and then the WTO report, they failed too.

They have been asked by reporters, fans, and now a supporters trust why they think it’s ok to allow the club to just float adrift because of the lack of direction it’s leading too and failed to respond to those fans.

Masters has shown utter contempt for the fans and the club by saying timing isn’t an issue.

People are getting laughed at by suggesting that if this was another club, especially a top 6 club then it wouldn’t take so long. They are right, there has never been a case where a club has had to wait so long. As I pointed out the Southampton takeover was effectively 2 different processes. The EFL who took ages to decided how they would go about with project restart and like to cock things up, are halfway through their 2nd D&O test at Charlton in 6 months, and their tests are supposed to be stricter.

Yes, the Premier League have refused to say anything in public, for "confidentiality" reasons.

What a pack of lies!

There would have been no confidentiality risks whatsoever in them 'respecting' the fans by saying something like . . "We are still going through the tests. We appreciate your concerns, but we have to get it right. You will be advised of the results of the tests when they are completed . . . Thankyou".

Perhaps someone can tell me where the breach in confidentiality is in there please ??