Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

We are going to get stories like this now till whenever this reaches a conclusion.

On the plus side I can’t see how the bidders won’t have seen this as a possible question to overcome before agreeing everything so surely won’t be an issue

Surely if the criteria of the fit and proper person test are met and the deal has been greed then no amount of objection from Amnesty or BeIn or whoever else could actually stop it. There's a process and if it's followed and adhered to then it's done.

I get the Amnesty objection mind I must admit. They shouldn't just let this pass through without raising their voices, that's the whole point of the organisation, it's fair enough.

This is how it’s going to be from now on? An us versus them world.

The media has always hated our club and wanted it that way. Now there a real possibility of us going back fighting at the top early 00’s and 90’s style; that hate will be amplified again.

I would imagine with all the money they have floating around they would at least have done some research on the PL tests and what is required.

Imagine if old Hairy Hands and his cronies chuck a spanner in the works  :lol:

The Times story worries me, after all of the elation tonight.  Would be so typical.  Hopefully i'm just being a fanny and there's nothing to worry about.

Yep. When the Times starts headlining last minute block attempt stories, you know there is a concerted push to stop it at the final hurdle.

Guest neesy111

The thing is that the piracy stuff probably had much more of a chance of making an impact than the human rights stuff :lol:

Yeap :lol:

It's probably the most worrying thing we've seen in the last week just because it's one of the largest official broadcast partners saying it, but it feels way too late in the game for it matter. It's surely already been considered by all sides, too, so I don't think it being an issue.

Guest reefatoon

Wonder who is going to come out the woodwork next, kicking up a stink. Feel it’s going to snowball and every f***er and their dog are going to have a say.

Guest neesy111

It's probably the most worrying thing we've seen in the last week just because it's one of the largest official broadcast partners saying it, but it feels way too late in the game for it matter. It's surely already been considered by all sides, too, so I don't think it being an issue.

Some deal will be done, but the PL will be listening to what Bein have to say as they need broadcasters onside with the turmoil going on.

Guest neesy111

Wonder who is going to come out the woodwork next, licking up a stink. Feel it’s going to snowball and every fucker and their dog are going to have a say.

You do know the Saudi regime have lots of enemies because they are an awful regime.....

The Times editor is probably an Arsenal fan. Maybe he blew a side column piece into a headline story just out of desperation.

Do they have any proof that the Saudi government is complicit in the BeoutQ stuff? Surely they'd need that if they want the takeover to be blocked because of it?

From what I've read just that its been transmitted by a state owned broadcaster, but they're blaming Cuba and Columbia.

Do they have any proof that the Saudi government is complicit in the BeoutQ stuff? Surely they'd need that if they want the takeover to be blocked because of it?

None. They needed someone in SA to prosecute and funnily enough no one was willing.  :lol: