Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Don't see how it fits in any way with the fit and proper owners tests, which looks at the financial/criminal pasts of the named potential owners, which would be Staveley, the Reubens and the PIF guy.

Apparently there is part of it to do with illegal broadcasts, bizarrely. It was posted earlier today.

Wonder who is going to come out the woodwork next, licking up a stink. Feel it’s going to snowball and every fucker and their dog are going to have a say.

You do know the Saudi regime have lots of enemies because they are an awful regime.....

Yeah, their biggest one is those paragons of virtue, Iran.

beIn is a Qatari organization. (Rival to KSA).

PL could just make a conditional approval that the PIF work with KSA to remedy this issue with BEIn. It’s not always black and white. Now if the KSA say no. Other thing.

Wonder who is going to come out the woodwork next, licking up a stink. Feel it’s going to snowball and every f***er and their dog are going to have a say.

You do know the Saudi regime have lots of enemies because they are an awful regime.....

Please stop posting this kind of nonsense

Guest neesy111

No chance is Bein going to stop buying PL rights if this is succesfull.

As if Amazon, SKY or a billion others wouldn't jump in before they could finish saying "We are out". Complete empty threats.

Yeah, Sky are that well known middle east broadcaster.... :facepalm:

Guest godzilla

Can the Premier League prove that either Staveley, the Reubens or PIF are directly involved that's the question. If not then this has no bearing by the articles within the Fit and Proper Ownership Test.

I think people have got to bare in mind that this takeover represents literally the most significant investment in the PL itself.

They will not turn this amount of investment away.

Better players = Better TV deals = More money for the PL

EDIT: I have been wrong many times before

Wonder who is going to come out the woodwork next, licking up a stink. Feel it’s going to snowball and every f***er and their dog are going to have a say.

It's not nonsense by any means, if you can refute it do so. Don't attack the messenger.

Can the Premier League prove that either Staveley, the Reubens or PIF are directly involved that's the question. If not then this has no bearing by the articles within the Fit and Proper Ownership Test.

They won't even try to prove it :lol:

They'll want absolutely nowt to do with that sort of thing.

The Times story worries me, after all of the elation tonight.  Would be so typical.  Hopefully i'm just being a fanny and there's nothing to worry about.

BeIn is tied in with the owner of PSG. They’ve tried before in France to block SA money without success. Case was thrown out.

It's not nonsense by any means, if you can refute it do so. Don't attack the messenger.

It is nonsense. Its basically giving the Saudis an excuse

No chance is Bein going to stop buying PL rights if this is succesfull.

As if Amazon, SKY or a billion others wouldn't jump in before they could finish saying "We are out". Complete empty threats.

Yeah, Sky are that well known middle east broadcaster.... :facepalm:

More fool you.. I didn't even realize it was about Bein in the middle East, thought it was just talking about Bein tv's rights deals in general, so I am twice the idiot you thought.

Point still stands though. If Bein pulled out 10 more companies would gladly jump in to snap up the rights.

Guest godzilla

They won't even try to prove it :lol:

They'll want absolutely nowt to do with that sort of thing.

:snod:

This is going to be even sweeter once it goes through as the mackems are convincing themselves that it's now a dud deal.

I’m starting to convince myself that 😂 Ashley knew all along it would fail at this stage and still pockets £17 million