Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Hm, wouldn’t this mean that it is completely done? Especially if Hope has got it directly from Charnley...

Why do people keep asking this? It’s been “done” for at least two weeks now at least. They just have to go though the appropriate channels and announce it officially. I feel like coronavirus has done nothing to halt the tests but has absolutely halted the announcement. Can’t have 50,000+ geordies flood the streets during a quarantine.

Hm, wouldn’t this mean that it is completely done? Especially if Hope has got it directly from Charnley...

Why do people keep asking this? It’s been “done” for at least two weeks now at least. They just have to go though the appropriate channels and announce it officially. I feel like coronavirus has done nothing to halt the tests but has absolutely halted the announcement. Can’t have 50,000+ geordies flood the streets during a quarantine.

I’m referring to the ”fit and proper” test. We’ve been told that’s what’s left. Would Charnley call a journalist to say he’s leaving if it weren’t 100% done?

Guest neesy111

Tbf, Charnley probably has done ok in some of his role.  But he's an arselicking yes man and for that he deserves nothing.

No increase in commercial income in 13 years !!!!!!!

As if he had any say in anything, implement ashleys orders, thats it and he done exactly that without question, which is why he's lasted so long.

I’m referring to the ”fit and proper” test. We’ve been told that’s what’s left. Would Charnley call a journalist to say he’s leaving if it weren’t 100% done?

Exactly, does anyone know the size of the deposit paid?

Guest reefatoon

When he gets a new job it’s going to take him a bit of time to get used to not hoying his pants down, buttering up his arse and bending over every time his boss walks in the room.

When he gets a new job it’s going to take him a bit of time to get used to not hoying his pants down, buttering up his arse and bending over every time his boss walks in the room.

He is like the Girl that always picks the bad boy that treats her like shit. He will unwittingly find a similar position somewhere else.

Am I alone in not getting the Charnley hate? I mean, he's clearly overpromoted and clearly a yes man, but I don't get people hating him for saying yes to the job.

I mean, imagine you're working in the box office and by a series of lucky happenings you find yourself offered the chairman's job of the club I assume he supports. Doesn't matter how shit the salary is, you're qualified to sell tickets in the box office, that's it. You're still being offered a massive payrise over your old job and it's not as if you're turning this down so you can go be Arsenal's chairman. I think the massive majority of people would, if in the same position, have also taken the job. And when your condition of continued employment is to do what Ashley says, then you do it. Maybe we'd have thought we could wield some positive influence, make the best of the situation, whatever. But most of us, coming from his background and with his prospects, would have taken the job. Fucking brilliant thing for a box office ticket seller to put "Chairman of NUFC" on his CV when you go for his next job, that's for certain. He's set himself up for life, let's put it this way I seriously doubt his next job will be ticket seller at Whitley Bay Ice Rink.

Charnley as chairman symbolises everything which is wrong with Newcastle United. He's a symbol of our underinvestment in key positions, our continued cutting of corners and our quest for mediocrity. I detest everything about what he represents, but I really can't hate him for taking the role or for not standing up to Ashley because it's hard to imagine anyone in his position really doing anything else.

It's also hard to judge his competence as a chairman, because he is just a mouthpiece. He's not done what we've wanted, but he's done exactly what his boss asked of him for what, 6 or 7 years? Probably come out of it with some cracking stories to tell, too....

Fuck him, he was another willing mouth piece for the club, happy to plead poverty at every opportunity.

Am I alone in not getting the Charnley hate? I mean, he's clearly overpromoted and clearly a yes man, but I don't get people hating him for saying yes to the job.

I mean, imagine you're working in the box office and by a series of lucky happenings you find yourself offered the chairman's job of the club I assume he supports. Doesn't matter how shit the salary is, you're qualified to sell tickets in the box office, that's it. You're still being offered a massive payrise over your old job and it's not as if you're turning this down so you can go be Arsenal's chairman. I think the massive majority of people would, if in the same position, have also taken the job. And when your condition of continued employment is to do what Ashley says, then you do it. Maybe we'd have thought we could wield some positive influence, make the best of the situation, whatever. But most of us, coming from his background and with his prospects, would have taken the job. Fucking brilliant thing for a box office ticket seller to put "Chairman of NUFC" on his CV when you go for his next job, that's for certain. He's set himself up for life, let's put it this way I seriously doubt his next job will be ticket seller at Whitley Bay Ice Rink.

Charnley as chairman symbolises everything which is wrong with Newcastle United. He's a symbol of our underinvestment in key positions, our continued cutting of corners and our quest for mediocrity. I detest everything about what he represents, but I really can't hate him for taking the role or for not standing up to Ashley because it's hard to imagine anyone in his position really doing anything else.

It's also hard to judge his competence as a chairman, because he is just a mouthpiece. He's not done what we've wanted, but he's done exactly what his boss asked of him for what, 6 or 7 years? Probably come out of it with some cracking stories to tell, too....

I agree with both posts.  :lol:

Fuck him, he was another willing mouth piece for the club, happy to plead poverty at every opportunity.

I agree with both posts.  :lol:

Aye :lol:

He is like the Girl that always picks the bad boy that treats her like shit. He will unwittingly find a similar position somewhere else.

:lol: :lol:

So true

I mean, imagine you're working in the box office and by a series of lucky happenings you find yourself offered the chairman's job of the club I assume he supports. Doesn't matter how s*** the salary is, you're qualified to sell tickets in the box office, that's it. You're still being offered a massive payrise over your old job and it's not as if you're turning this down so you can go be Arsenal's chairman. I think the massive majority of people would, if in the same position, have also taken the job. And when your condition of continued employment is to do what Ashley says, then you do it. Maybe we'd have thought we could wield some positive influence, make the best of the situation, whatever. But most of us, coming from his background and with his prospects, would have taken the job. f***ing brilliant thing for a box office ticket seller to put "Chairman of NUFC" on his CV when you go for his next job, that's for certain. He's set himself up for life, let's put it this way I seriously doubt his next job will be ticket seller at Whitley Bay Ice Rink.

I hate him because he's knowingly played a part in ripping the heart and soul out of NUFC and basically killing my love for the game (yet to see if that ever really comes back).  Even Llambias had more balls than this worthless nothing.  I honestly couldn't give a s*** if he has reasons for doing it either, he still did it and I hate him for it.  Also if he actually is supposed to be a fan of the club (which I never thought of considering his actions) then that's even worse, makes him a even bigger slime ball.