Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Isn't the point of the test that's its against the owners and directors which would be PIF, PCP, and the Reuben brothers.

PIF is it's own legal entity, we wouldn't be directly owned by the Saudi state or Royalty but rather an investment vehicle. So the  criteria should be against the directors of PIF. MBS is chairman of PIf so not sure if he gets assessed but could you imagine the fallout if the PL said he wasn't plus none of allegations can be directly linked to him.

How can alleged human rights abuses by the Saudi government be linked to PIF? How can alledged piracy i.e. BeOutQ and Arabsat be linked to PIF? How can PIF be shown to be able to influence the prince that owns Sheffield United.

MBS is the chairman of PIF like :lol:

it's pretty straightforward tbh

Yeah, but a chairman doesnt make executive decisions like a director so he may be exempt from checks.

Perhaps but the initial point was about pif links to the Saudi state. They're pretty clear like.

I don't think that'll cause an issue tbh.

Yeah but I'm not sure they would publicly say if there were big issues, say if there league said we are really concerned about influence over Sheffield United, which seems like they have, the buyers can submit their evidence and say they will not influence them but they aren't go to caulkin and go not sure if they believed us!

They would then just say nothing though surely and just wait for the process to finish before feeding stuff.

Yes but I do wonder if they think having all the newcastle fans very excited puts some kind of pressure on Premier League to approve. Not really sure much pressure but every little helps.

New podcast with Caulkin is out now.

I’m betting no comment on the takeover. Do you need an athletic subscription for this?

Na.

👍🏻

Chris Waugh tweeted a link to it earlier, or alternatively if you have an iPhone go on to Podcasts and search Pod on the Tyne.

Caulkin just said it's still ongoing but there's no red flags. Everything that's come up so far was prepared for but we just have to let it play out. Anything the PL finds requires a response from the buyers, too.

Guest Butcher

Caulkin just said it's still ongoing but there's no red flags. Everything that's come up so far was prepared for but we just have to let it play out. Anything the PL finds requires a response from the buyers, too.

:thup: as expected really