Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Luke Edwards trying to put a pisser on it tonight.

Can't understand why he's crying on, his own colleague at The Telegraph has written a high-profile article just the other day, stating the deal is expected to conclude next week  :lol:

The article actually says the checks are complete.

Can't understand why he's crying on, his own colleague at The Telegraph has written a high-profile article just the other day, stating the deal is expected to conclude next week  :lol:

He's always been luke warm at best but he's really gone down hill in the Bruce era. I assume the bitterness stems from having zero real information/source about the take over so he's venting on Twitter.

And Jason Burt has been spot on all the way.

Absolutely nothing in that interview to suggests anything negative about the takeover.

He said the D&O tests is there for everyone to see, I.E. it only refers to financial aspects. No doubt the Premier League will make some sort of statement once it's announced, be that official or off the record references in newspapers.

Yeah he has, it’s just a strange interview from him to say no comment in the first thing and then imply checks are still ongoing in the next sentence.

I wouldn't read too much in to it. i think he may have just been hammering the confidential point and to be fair if he'd used the past tense it might have been seen as accepting it had been dealt with.

Yeah he has, it’s just a strange interview from him to say no comment in the first thing and then imply checks are still ongoing in the next sentence.

He hasn't implied the checks are still ongoing, he has implied that they will deal with the issues around the takeover when it's publicly complete, I.E. they have a statement stating why they accepted it or say they'll change the rules.

He hasn't implied the checks are still ongoing, he has implied that they will deal with the issues around the takeover when it's publicly complete, I.E. they have a statement stating why they accepted it or say they'll change the rules.

Have to disagree, he is asked about the human rights issues and he says they will deal with them issues confidentially when they get to them.

That doesn’t suggest releasing any sort of statement. That wouldn’t be confidential.

Guest godzilla

Have to disagree, he is asked about the human rights issues and he says they will deal with them issues confidentially when they get to them.

That doesn’t suggest releasing any sort of statement. That wouldn’t be confidential.

What you're suggesting though is that they have not even started the test then.

Disagree all you want, but theirs a million way how someone can infer what he said.

The fact that you choose to infer in a way which contradicts all the evidence reported and what he said in his reply just before that is your choice.

Not saying they haven’t started the test, just they haven’t got to the human rights issues yet, he is asked about piracy first and literally makes no comment on it, then when asked about human rights he says they will deal with the issues confidentially when they get to them.

Reading the Jason Burt article I can’t see where it says its complete. Resolved doesn’t equate to agreed. Just says the most likely outcome will be it will be agreed. Have I missed something behind the paywall?

Guest godzilla

Not saying they haven’t started the test, just they haven’t got to the human rights issues yet, he is asked about piracy first and literally makes no comment on it, then when asked about human rights he says they will deal with the issues confidentially when they get to them.

Human rights has no part in the D&O test, so no certainly don't agree with that mind; and they have already replied twice in letters basically stating that.

Reading the Jason Burt article I can’t see where it says its complete. Resolved doesn’t equate to agreed. Just says the most likely outcome will be it will be agreed. Have I missed something behind the paywall?

It says the checks have been completed and final decision as to wether it passes or fails likely in the coming days.

Human rights has no part in the D&O test so no certainly don't agree with that mind and they have already replied twice ion letters basically stating that.

I’m not trying to be negative at all btw, I’m just saying how that interview sounded to me.

Which could mean when they come up in any given process or that no human rights issues has came up in our case and they could in future cases, or they already have came up and been dealt with (when can also be used in the past tense when referring indirectly to something)  or most likely, when the takeover is announced and they are questioned by the press on the matter.

Which could mean when they come up in any given process or that no human rights issues has came up in our case and they could in future cases, or they already have came up and been dealt with (when can also be used in the past tense when referring indirectly to something)  or most likely, when the takeover is announced and they are questioned by the press on the matter.

But dealing with the press and confidentially don’t belong together which is the confusing part of the answer he gives.

Which is what Luke Edwards is alluding to (and the way I read it originally). People are far to harsh on him in here. He’s become intrenched over Bruce I agree but in general he’s ok.

But dealing with the press and confidentially don’t belong together which is the confusing part of the answer he gives.

His answer is deliberately ambiguous in order to avoid answering the question because he legally cannot and quite possibly does not want to answer it. If he could have said no comment without being slated for it then he would have. Instead he’s doing an interview in order to portray the Premier League as more open and transparent with the fans and media compared to the previous leaders of the organisation, he cannot do that and has to answer these types of questions in the manner that he did.