Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

She is getting battered tbf.

No she’s not, she’s answering questions as she is supposed too. Cross examinations always look like someone ins getting battered. He’s tried to defer her answers by saying he’ll comeback to them later, knowing he won’t as it offers her a chance to explain what happened.

Wait until they start cross examining the Barclays people, it will look equally as bad.

You can watch it live here: https://cl-2016-000049.sparq.me.uk/

They have adjourned as they are having technical issues which means Staveley can’t see evidence presented to her. By technical issues I mean someones laptop froze. :lol:

She's being questioned now. Fascinating watch :o

Staveley seems understandably a bit nervous :sad:

Watched a few minutes, she seemed fairly composed to me. Maybe she settled down by the time I logged on.

Easy to look like you're being battered when you're being asked very specific questions about documents that you might not have looked at in many many years

Yes you can prepare but they will have submitted hundreds and possibly thousands of documents, impossible to remember the exact wording or context of emails etc

what a pointless smug and twattish thing to say

How?

because why is he trying to convey she's putting on some sort of awful performance, I'd imagine its highly stressful in her position, and she's facing opposition, there's fans underneath that tweet saying "the case will be thrown out!/she's getting a pasting" don't see the point in him writing that as if he'd do any better or even as if she's doing badly at all.

He's allowed to express his opinion.

what a pointless smug and twattish thing to say

How?

because why is he trying to convey she's putting on some sort of awful performance, I'd imagine its highly stressful in her position, and she's facing opposition, there's fans underneath that tweet saying "the case will be thrown out!/she's getting a pasting" don't see the point in him writing that as if he'd do any better or even as if she's doing badly at all.

He's allowed to express his opinion.

never said he wasn't and im allowed to express mine about it.

He doesnt think she's putting on a good performance. That's all he's getting at. That's not "smuggish and twattish."

Good to see we've got a lot of experts on the forum.

Not only that, we could probably tell you what aircraft she's used in the last month and where she has been.

Probably take out a restraining order against us when/if the takeover happens.

state of some people on here honestly. no no why did he say that about amanda she looks under pressure!

fucking hell man, it's something to talk about when there's fuck all happening.

edit: am i right in hearing her mention bin zayed a few times too?

Just out of interest how much does she stand to win if the verdict goes her way?  I know the total amount is £1.5b, but surely she will only get a fraction of that?

If the court rules on her side then it could be £1.5bn or anywhere. It all depends on what commission she was owed for which parts and to which parties.

For example she is claiming that she and her associates are owed £1.5bn because they assisted in structuring the deal. She was paid a lot less in commission for simply bringing the deal makers to the table.

state of some people on here honestly. no no why did he say that about amanda she looks under pressure!

fucking hell man, it's something to talk about when there's fuck all happening.

edit: am i right in hearing her mention bin zayed a few times too?

Aye she did. The Man City takeover was also referenced as well for some reason.