Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I’d be happy with a video of Ashley with his back turned to the camera walking down the stairs of the office at SJP, down Barrack road, though Newcastle, and into an awaiting helicopter. Then as the helicopter is flying off you see Charnley doing one of those jog/runs where someone is trying to catch up with someone and trying the chase the helicopter down.

They’ve now added The Bundesliga to their TV schedule for the next 3 years. Wonder if they’ll just buy the rights to everything now to leave BEIN with nowt.

Probably. Their plan now is looking like it's to shut down BeIN legitimately. The last couple of years will already have ruined them financially with loads spent on rights and not enough back due to the Saudi economic blockade, so now if the Saudis go all-in on getting sports rights for the region then BeIN won't be able to compete and will likely be done for.

To be honest they were probably fairly fucked anyway for the reasons I mention.  They've not brought in enough revenue in the region to pay for their last round of rights anyway so there's no way that they would be offering the same kind of deals to the PL etc next time anyway. Their threats of "we won't be bidding to this scale next time mind!" were probably predicated on the knowledge that they couldn't bid to this scale next time anyway.

They’ve now added The Bundesliga to their TV schedule for the next 3 years. Wonder if they’ll just buy the rights to everything now to leave BEIN with nowt.

Probably. Their plan now is looking like it's to shut down BeIN legitimately. The last couple of years will already have ruined them financially with loads spent on rights and not enough back due to the Saudi economic blockade, so now if the Saudis go all-in on getting sports rights for the region then BeIN won't be able to compete and will likely be done for.

To be honest they were probably fairly fucked anyway for the reasons I mention.  They've not brought in enough revenue in the region to pay for their last round of rights anyway so there's no way that they would be offering the same kind of deals to the PL etc next time anyway. Their threats of "we won't be bidding to this scale next time mind!" were probably predicated on the knowledge that they couldn't bid to this scale next time anyway.

Used to live in the region and they would pull things like charging extra for World Cups etc., so not entirely surprising.

With the money they have, why generally are the Middle East nations so behind when it comes to “media” and by that I mean, graphic design, web, protecting content etc.

Everything they do screams the mid 00’s

I’d be happy with a video of Ashley with his back turned to the camera walking down the stairs of the office at SJP, down Barrack road, though Newcastle, and into an awaiting helicopter. Then as the helicopter is flying off you see Charnley doing one of those jog/runs where someone is trying to catch up with someone and trying the chase the helicopter down.

Seems very quiet in the press and on Twitter since the Saudi piracy statements came out.

Aye, unless you can try and pull a negative spin on some random story (Mr Edwards).

Guess they're readying themselves for an announcement, now... and hoping to be the first to break it.

Seems very quiet in the press and on Twitter since the Saudi piracy statements came out.

Aye, unless you can try and pull a negative spin on some random story (Mr Edwards).

Guess they're readying themselves for an announcement, now... and hoping to be the first to break it.

They'll all have 2 different reports typed up waiting to press 'confirm'.

Poor Richard Keys nailed his colours well and truly to the Bein mast, maybe if he'd kept his mouth shut he might have been able to pitch for a job once the Saudis took over? I don't think they'll give him the time of day now.

Hope he gets a job somewhere soon, too much time on his hands wouldn't be a good thing if there's a few girls his daughter's age in the vicinity.

With the money they have, why generally are the Middle East nations so behind when it comes to “media” and by that I mean, graphic design, web, protecting content etc.

Maybe they haven't fallen for the western style over substance at all times idea yet ?

Poor Richard Keys nailed his colours well and truly to the Bein mast, maybe if he'd kept his mouth shut he might have been able to pitch for a job once the Saudis took over? I don't think they'll give him the time of day now.

Hope he gets a job somewhere soon, too much time on his hands wouldn't be a good thing if there's a few girls his daughter's age in the vicinity.

Some time off will be good for him, he can get some more tarmaccing done.

Maybe they haven't fallen for the western style over substance at all times idea yet ?

Still rocking the classic design, retro for life.

Apart from the Keys abuse, which is all well and good, everything's gone very quiet now.

I don't know what to make of this.

It is very good news, the longer the better.

It means back-and-forth negotiations are going on.

The quality of our three new owners is such that I can only imagine a positive outcome from such negotiations.