Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

the new positive noises, the question is if SA have taken action against piracy because they hope that will appease the league, or if the league have said do this and we'll rubber stamp it. Both would bring positive noises from the SA side (whom has to be said the ones who seem to be talking incessantly to journos), hopefully it's the latter of course.

I would say it's the latter after direct consultation with the Premier League. No chance the Saudis start this on the back of blind hope.

For all they’ve turned serie a off, the difference is that a Saudi tv channel has already purchased the right for serie a next season.

There is no way they would just turn off the premier league for the remainder of their deal, as a company they are already struggling and people would simply cancel their subscriptions.

My only concern is that if the premier league continue to dither pif will walk away. These letters issued by Saudi authorities yesterday are clearly aimed at breaking the deadlock. I can’t see them hanging on forever if the premier league continues to indulge bein and allow them to put a new obstacle in the way every week.

The premier league’s time to approve is now, they’ve got their concessions from Saudi Arabia and can come out of this looking like they’ve got a win. If they continue to delay now It can only be concluded that they are hoping pif will walk, and save the spineless cnuts from making the decision.

PIF won’t walk.

They’ll not wait forever either.

Edwards trying to wind fans up and he fulfills his purpose as to why as you're clearly demonstrating. Ignore him man the c*** hasn't got a clue.

I’m not basing my thoughts on edwards, I thought this after reading times report yesterday. They even quoted a source from pif saying they wouldn’t wait indefinitely.

I do believe this is the pif trying to speed the premier leagues decision up, however if you think logically what more can the pif do now after the govt announced crackdown on piracy.

There is literally nothing else the pif can do now to ease piracy concerns, they’ve done all the can.

I’m still confident it’s happening but if it goes past end of next week with no decision, I’ll be getting concerned at premier leagues motives.

For all they’ve turned serie a off, the difference is that a Saudi tv channel has already purchased the right for serie a next season.

There is no way they would just turn off the premier league for the remainder of their deal, as a company they are already struggling and people would simply cancel their subscriptions.

My only concern is that if the premier league continue to dither pif will walk away. These letters issued by Saudi authorities yesterday are clearly aimed at breaking the deadlock. I can’t see them hanging on forever if the premier league continues to indulge bein and allow them to put a new obstacle in the way every week.

The premier league’s time to approve is now, they’ve got their concessions from Saudi Arabia and can come out of this looking like they’ve got a win. If they continue to delay now It can only be concluded that they are hoping pif will walk, and save the spineless cnuts from making the decision.

PIF won’t walk.

Edwards trying to wind fans up and he fulfills his purpose as to why as you're clearly demonstrating. Ignore him man the c*** hasn't got a clue.

I’m not basing my thoughts on edwards, I thought this after reading times report yesterday. They even quoted a source from pif saying they wouldn’t wait indefinitely.

I do believe this is the pif trying to speed the premier leagues decision up, however if you think logically what more can the pif do now after the govt announced crackdown on piracy.

There is literally nothing else the pif can do now to ease piracy concerns, they’ve done all the can.

I’m still confident it’s happening but if it goes past end of next week with no decision, I’ll be getting concerned at premier leagues motives.

They're not going to implement the changes they have thus far just to walk away, makes no sense.

What makes you think they are in such a hurry?

PIF won’t walk.

They're not going to implement the changes they have thus far just to walk away, makes no sense.

George Caulkin has stated the buyers are just as frustrated with delay, their is no way they were still expecting to be waiting this long.

All I’m saying is there has to be a breaking point if premier league don’t pull finger out of their arse.

PIF won’t walk, it would be bowing down to Qatar. If anything it’ll make them more determined, you are more likely to see them snaffle up more media and steaming orgs Related to sports IP. Comcast next imo.

PIF won’t walk.

They will go to the government before they would consider walking away and the government would push it through, TBH if the PL haven’t cleared it by next week they are taking the piss and I could see the PIF dragging them through the courts

Guest godzilla

PIF won’t walk.

Well it's the first time you have mentioned it so Edwards must have had an impact on that. PIF or the KSA have not been directly implicated in the transmission of piracy. They have been implicated (KSA) in not doing enough to stop the piracy; and the statements yesterday, with the news of investment in BT, are the steps being put in place to cater for this.

This will be in conjunction with the Premier League during the direct consultations. You're saying about thinking logically, but I would say also think logically as to why those statements were put out. They wouldn't do that unless they thought (or been told) the takeover was going through imho.

Guest chopey

I wonder if Edward's is still bitter about not getting picked up for the big bucks on The Athletic (it's a different standard of writing that only him and Ryder could dream of) but hes licking an empty honey pot now, the deal is done, B & M Bargins will be sold out of checky tee towels by the end of the week.

PIF won’t walk.

They will go to the government before they would consider walking away and the government would push it through, TBH if the PL haven’t cleared it by next week they are taking the p*ss and I could see the PIF dragging them through the courts

I agree end of next week, then patience will start to wear thin.

Let’s just hope these are the concessions the premier league asked for, and they’ve now delivered.

PIF won’t walk.

They will go to the government before they would consider walking away and the government would push it through, TBH if the PL haven’t cleared it by next week they are taking the p*ss and I could see the PIF dragging them through the courts

Let’s just hope these are the concessions the premier league asked for, and they’ve now delivered.

The Saudis wouldn’t have done it off there own backs, these would have been the stipulations by the PL to pass the deal

Guest godzilla

PIF won’t walk.

George Caulkin has stated the buyers are just as frustrated with delay, their is no way they were still expecting to be waiting this long.

All I’m saying is there has to be a breaking point if premier league don’t pull finger out of their arse.

If you think PIF are going to walk away and let Qutar get the better of them, then I think you're seriously misguided in those thoughts.

Guest godzilla

PIF won’t walk.

The Saudis wouldn’t have done it off there own backs, these would have been the stipulations by the PL to pass the deal

:snod:

This happened on Saturday:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/qatari-broadcaster-lets-screens-go-blank-on-italian-soccer/ar-BB15LsNG

BeIn’s particular grievance with Serie A reached a tipping point when the league decided to play some exhibition matches in Saudi Arabia despite the broadcaster urging it not to.

Nahhhhh, that makes far too much sense. It's definitely a demonstrative threat to stop showing the PL games they've already paid for, in order to stop the takeover of Newcastle United.

Might even be a bit of both.  Thing is what does it have to do with BeIN where Serie A decide to show exhibition matches?  Seems like a recurring theme with them.  They buy the rights to show matches from a certain league, then decide they should be able to control the way that league is run. 

Complete the deal without the test. That'll put pressure on the PL to make up their minds.  :lol:

Would actually be interesting to see the reaction.  If Ashley and PCP got together and decided to complete the deal regardless.  Inform the PL that the business has been transferred to PCP officially, and see if they want the next Newcastle game called off..  Since it can't be played under PL rules without passing the OD test.  Though I don't suppose we'd see the reaction, since the Premier League would obviously take the option to quietly pass it and move on.

:lol: :lol: BeIn: "If we're willing to do this to Serie A imagine what we'll do with your little league. Now, let's talk takeovers."

BEin would be in breach of the broadcast contract, PL could then resell the rights and sue Bein

Guest godzilla

:lol: :lol: BeIn: "If we're willing to do this to Serie A imagine what we'll do with your little league. Now, let's talk takeovers."

:coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: Premier League: "Ok pay us the money for the contract you signed to show the games; and as you have breached the contract we will now talk to other operators cough Saudi for an improved deal."

Newcastle make more in a season under Ashley than BeIN pay for their TV deal.  They're a fractional drop in the ocean.  Whole thing needs to end now, its gone on far to long.

PIF won’t walk.

If you think PIF are going to walk away and let Qutar get the better of them, then I think you're seriously misguided in those thoughts.

Hopefully I am still believe next 2 weeks are vital though, they’ve done their bit now over to premier league.

Announced Wednesday. Prince Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud has had a toon top sent over to him with his name on apparently. Surely must be abbreviated 😂. That is from a journalist who works for a big sports broadcaster who doesn’t want to post the Wednesday thing on Twitter in case it doesn’t happen and he gets s*** for it. Probably a load of bollocks but there you go. Was in 2 minds whether to post it as will probably get s***.

Someone on Twitter called Keys a "Wolf nonce". Thats a new :lol:

:lol: he was also called a carpet-handed twat

:lol:

I'm 37 ffs and im laughing..

I’m older and almost wee’d myself when I saw it (not just through age)

Guest godzilla

PIF won’t walk.

Hopefully I am still believe next 2 weeks are vital though, they’ve done their bit now over to premier league.

I'm pretty certain there will be an announcement before two weeks  O0

Announced Wednesday. Prince Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud has had a toon top sent over to him with his name on apparently. Surely must be abbreviated 😂. That is from a journalist who works for a big sports broadcaster who doesn’t want to post the Wednesday thing on Twitter in case it doesn’t happen and he gets shit for it. Probably a load of shit but their you go. Was in 2 minds whether to post it as will probably get shit.

:lol: