Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest godzilla

I’m certain it will leak to the press before an official announcement to be honest.

As Madras said though it will just be viewed with contempt anyway until the official announcement occurs. I'm pretty confident there has been some leaks already, but even as you have illustrated in your posts, until something comes from the horses mouth then nobody is going to take it for gospel.

"musicians make money through concerts/touring not record sales, i'm just hurting the big faceless record labels" was always the flimsy little crust punk excuse for piracy back in the day, rancid thieving cunts that they were. what about artists who don't want to or can't tour you magnificent twat? you've obtained their music and they get nothing. fuck off to the sewer you vomitous living slime.

Can you burn this to audio so I can torrent it?

"musicians make money through concerts/touring not record sales, i'm just hurting the big faceless record labels" was always the flimsy little crust punk excuse for piracy back in the day, rancid thieving cunts that they were. what about artists who don't want to or can't tour you magnificent twat? you've obtained their music and they get nothing. fuck off to the sewer you vomitous living slime.

On the other hand the last 3 bands I've saw live and bought merchandise from Id never have heard of it wasnt for Spotify.

I’m certain it will leak to the press before an official announcement to be honest.

As Madras said though it will just be viewed with contempt anyway until the official announcement occurs. I'm pretty confident there has been some leaks already, but even as you have illustrated in your posts, until something comes from the horses mouth then nobody is going to take it for gospel.

Yeah I get that 100%, but for example I remember Caulkin saying he would know that the tests have been passed before the money transfer and as such would say something. Now I’m not sure he would after he indicated it was close last time and everyone (myself included) got really excited.

This is a new one for the takeover thread: whether Spotify pay artists enough :lol:

Better than discussing Keys' latest secretions.

Anyway, long time Tidal subscriber. If you are moderately geeky about audio, Tidal Hi-Fi is the way to roll - lossless streams and access to a nice and growing selection of master recordings - worlds different in sound quality.

Oh, and here's a nice relatively recent comparison of what services pay out. Tidal currently pays out about 3 times as much per stream as Spotify does.

Still nothing concrete to come out to suggest this is the week or that’s it’s close to a decision.

You could flip it, and say still nothing concrete to say it isn't this week or it is close  :coolsmiley:

True, however I still think if it is to happen we would get a definite leak from somewhere first.

A leak would just be counted as hearsay though so wouldn't be concrete would it?

:snod:

Not if it came from a strong source and actually said tests have been passed now down to money transfer. We have never got to that point.

What would you class as a strong source ? A journalist naming someone in the PL with actual quotes ? Not going to happen.

Well a journalist actually saying the words the checks are passed, which the likes of Caulkin have said from day one would come out in the press before funds are transferred.

Not going to happen it will be an official announcement, which the media will get notified of at the time it occurs.

Announcement will come from PIF, not PL after money is in Ashley’s account.

Guest godzilla

Yeah I get that 100%, but for example I remember Caulkin saying he would know that the tests have been passed before the money transfer and as such would say something. Now I’m not sure he would after he indicated it was close last time and everyone (myself included) got really excited.

After some stick he has been given for saying things in a positive light in the early part of the takeover, I would say he (and other journalists) will be keeping his powder dry until an official announcement. As I said before I'm pretty confident there has been some leaks and that is why there has been such a change in the reporting of the media in the last 24 hours. Sit back and just await for the official announcement as I don't think we are too far off.

This is a new one for the takeover thread: whether Spotify pay artists enough :lol:

Better than discussing Keys' latest secretions.

Anyway, long time Tidal subscriber. If you are moderately geeky about audio, Tidal Hi-Fi is the way to roll - lossless streams and access to a nice and growing selection of master recordings - worlds different in sound quality.

Oh, and here's a nice relatively recent comparison of what services pay out. Tidal currently pays out about 3 times as much per stream as Spotify does.

£3 for 3 months. I’m taking it hifi is better than premium for sound quality?

After some stick he has been given for saying things in a positive light in the early part of the takeover, I would say he (and other journalists) will be keeping his powder dry until an official announcement. As I said before I'm pretty confident there has been some leaks and that is why there has been such a change in the reporting of the media in the last 24 hours. Sit back and just await for the official announcement as I don't think we are too far off.

I reckon next week at the earliest for the official announcement.

Guest godzilla

Still nothing concrete to come out to suggest this is the week or that’s it’s close to a decision.

You could flip it, and say still nothing concrete to say it isn't this week or it is close  :coolsmiley:

True, however I still think if it is to happen we would get a definite leak from somewhere first.

A leak would just be counted as hearsay though so wouldn't be concrete would it?

:snod:

Not if it came from a strong source and actually said tests have been passed now down to money transfer. We have never got to that point.

What would you class as a strong source ? A journalist naming someone in the PL with actual quotes ? Not going to happen.

Well a journalist actually saying the words the checks are passed, which the likes of Caulkin have said from day one would come out in the press before funds are transferred.

Not going to happen it will be an official announcement, which the media will get notified of at the time it occurs.

Announcement will come from PIF, not PL after money is in Ashley’s account.

Totally agree it will be from the consortium (that's who I was meaning when I said official announcement)

Guest godzilla

May well be or again maybe not, we will just have to wait as pointless doing guesswork.

Guest godzilla

The war continues...

Out of spite that the Saudis have the rights from next season?

They wouldn't just abandon paid for coverage over that.  Must be more to this I reckon.

In what way? If you look at the announcement, they are saying people can still enjoy their other premium channels and is probably another demonstration of spitting their dummy out.

Yeah, me too.

But when next week arrive we probably think that next week will be the week.

Been thinking next week for what, 10 weeks now?!

Piracy exists when someone or something is taking the piss with pricing. Soon as it becomes affordable the issue goes away.

I had hooky music, movies, software and o/s, everything is legit these days via streaming services. Sports excluded as the sub pricing for a fraction of coverage is a disgrace. Lower prices and piracy fades, but they won’t as what they miss out on due to piracy is fuck all and dropping a few quid off a bill would cost a whole lot more.

This - I used to have loads of pirated music but haven’t downloaded anything dodgy in years as Spotify feels like good value and covers pretty much everything I listen to. Football costs a fortune and being split across a number of providers inevitably means there are plenty of games I don’t have a access to (even after paying all that money).

Spotify gives the square root of fuck all to the artists

Perhaps it means the most popular artists earn less. At the same time it allows for much lower barriers of entry for starting bands and artists, less reliance on agents (record companies) and arguably a healthier marketplace for music. The analogy works quite well with football come to think of it.

Don't agree with this....the best will always earn millions one way or another. I personally think Ed Sheeran is garbage, and Adele couldn't sing her way past the first round of x-factor, but enough people disagree with that opinion that they are sitting in houses worth millions, and I'm almost certain they sit and dry their tears over my opinion with £50notes every night

Yeah.

I’m sure I’ve seen plenty of artists come out and say that singers are now required to do more tours if they wish to make money anymore. I think a lot of them have recouped revenue through the increase in popularity of vinyl, and other merchandise though. However they have said that they now have to work more for their money rather than spending a few weeks every couple of years in a recording studio.l like they used to be able to do.

Those people aren't artists, they're slaves to the music industry.

The war continues...

Out of spite that the Saudis have the rights from next season?

They wouldn't just abandon paid for coverage over that.  Must be more to this I reckon.

Not be they lost the rights ?

If you've got the LiveScore app then they're currently streaming both of the Serie A games going on atm. Not sure if this is common but I've never noticed it before.

Just started over the last week or two.

If you've got the LiveScore app then they're currently streaming both of the Serie A games going on atm. Not sure if this is common but I've never noticed it before.

:thup:

:thup:

Series A has been a mainstay of the free to watch on betting sites aswell.