Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Absolutely disgusting that NUST is letting its members and other fans know it has a dialogue with the Premier League on behalf of its members. Absolutely disgusting decision to keep this dialogue open and look to build a better platform with the PL to stand up for fans. Disgusting that NUST wants to act professionally and build that dialogue further for the betterment of fans going forward in the long term rather than just as a PR exercise.

Of course it would have been much better to just release the letter it sent as a PR exercise and make NUFC twitter happy, and not get a response from the CEO of the Premier League, and not build a relationship for future dialogue with the top man at the Premier League.

Exactly :thup:

Greg's the hero Newcastle United deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so we'll hunt him. Because he can take it, because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.

NUST get a lot of stick.

I have reservations about them myself, but that goes back to a while ago, certainly before Greg and others went onto the board.

In recent years though the have done well on a few things, a number of them Greg has lead. Linda seems to be making progress with things relating to the female team. I really can’t fault them on the work they have done.

There is one board member on there who I’m not so sure about, and they come across as another potential person who could get side tracked by the attention. I don’t think that person has put across points they have made in recent recent weeks/months very diplomatically. I worry that for some individuals on the board, they could use it as a stepping stone to becoming another Wraith, or Geordie Dentist.

Absolutely disgusting that NUST is letting its members and other fans know it has a dialogue with the Premier League on behalf of its members. Absolutely disgusting decision to keep this dialogue open and look to build a better platform with the PL to stand up for fans. Disgusting that NUST wants to act professionally and build that dialogue further for the betterment of fans going forward in the long term rather than just as a PR exercise.

Of course it would have been much better to just release the letter it sent as a PR exercise and make NUFC twitter happy, and not get a response from the CEO of the Premier League, and not build a relationship for future dialogue with the top man at the Premier League.

Exactly :thup:

Battmann’s the hero Newcastle United deserves, but not the one it needs right now, so we'll hunt him. Because he can take it, because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector.

FYP

Some section that section F. Could include almost every human on Earth when it states about including those who could possibly become directors in the future.

I guess its the 'influence' bit that's the grey area. Even if MBS is not directly involved with PIF and any running of NUFC, there probably is the fact that he could 'influence' certain decisions given his position with KSA. Maybe thats been one of the fold-ups... PIF trying to convince the PL otherwise?

Can someone tell me what the gist of todays events have been?

From what I can gather, Masters said it should be done soon?

He was twice questioned about the takeover, eventually saying he hopes it is concluded soon, but basically said no comment in regards to anything else about it. He did though say that the Premier League wanted BeoutQ shut down.

Can someone tell me what the gist of todays events have been?

From what I can gather, Masters said it should be done soon?

Just said he hopes it's concluded soon.

Nothing much more really, other than it seems they're just making the Saudi's jump through a lot of hoops before they'll approve it, as expected, and rightly so.

Masters said it should be done soon?

Please don't assume that that is what he said :lol:

He said it's a highly confidential process and that he'd like to conclude it shortly. Liking it done shortly does not mean it will be. He's probably just fed up with the whole thing.

All this talk from people saying how it’s shocking that Louis Tomlinson was blocked and the Saudi’s may not be just highlights that it’s coming from Karen’s pretending to be righteous. Louis Tomlinson was not rejected or blocked from taking over Doncaster, John Ryan his business partner and former owner of Doncaster was rejected. Also that was a matter with the EFL, not Premier League.

Guest godzilla

He said it's a highly confidential process and that he'd like to conclude it shortly. Liking it done shortly does not mean it will be. He's probably just fed up with the whole thing.

He did say shortly and as such has put himself under unnecessary pressure by saying that, the media will remind him of this if not. My take is we were getting near the end game anyway and that's why he said this

Plot twist, MbS isnt even under O&D Test!

He's the chairman of PIF. Of course he falls under the remit of the directors' test, it's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. It's literally in the PL's guidance handbook. Section A1.56:

https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2020/06/23/d26d1955-3ffe-4e62-a861-9a4ecf405e0e/2019-20-PL-Handbook-230620.pdf

Subject to Rule A.1.57, “Director” means any Person occupying the position of

director of a Club whose particulars are registered or registrable under the provisions

of section 162 of the Act and includes a shadow director, that is to say, a Person in

accordance with whose directions or instructions the directors of the Club are

accustomed to act, or a Person having Control over the Club, or a Person exercising

the powers that are usually associated with the powers of a director of a company;

I mean, you can't say with a straight face that MBS isn't in that category, especially the bolded bit. :lol:

All this talk from people saying how it’s shocking that Louis Tomlinson was blocked and the Saudi’s may not be just highlights that it’s coming from Karen’s pretending to be righteous. Louis Tomlinson was not rejected or blocked from taking over Doncaster, John Ryan his business partner and former owner of Doncaster was rejected. Also that was a matter with the EFL, not Premier League.

Aye, this question was an easy win for Masters. Was strange that he didn't pull him up on that. Donny in the PL ffs

He did say shortly and as such has put himself under unnecessary pressure by saying that, the media will remind him of this if not. My take is we were getting near the end game anyway and that's why he said this

Under pressure from who? People who didn't listen to what he said? :lol: I'm sure he won't be feeling any pressure because he said he hopes it's done shortly.

Guest godzilla

Under pressure from who? People who didn't listen to what he said? :lol: I'm sure he won't be feeling any pressure because he said he hopes it's done shortly.

From the media as they will start reporting that he stated shortly and didn't keep to this; and then questions will be asked if he's right person for the job. You know the way the British media work in general  :lol:

Has the response been posted anywhere in here? If not will it be made public?

It’ll be a standard ‘we can’t say anything, confidential process etc etc’

No - both letters are private for good reason. It's not a PR exercise to make twitter happy.

The tweet explains it was an acknowledgement.

Then why tell everyone in the first place?

Pushing for importance by the looks of things.

It's pretty clear that Masters is coming under increasing pressure. Saying "It wont make a difference", is bollocks. At some point he is going make it a priority.

Guest godzilla

It's pretty clear that Masters is coming under increasing pressure. Saying "It wont make a difference", is bollocks. At some point he is going make it a priority.

:thup:

From the media as they will start reporting that he stated shortly and didn't keep to this; and then questions will be asked if he's right person for the job. You know the way the British media work in general  :lol:

Why are you ignoring the other words? :lol:

He didn't say it would be concluded shortly, only that he hoped it would be. World of difference.

Guest godzilla

Why are you ignoring the other words? :lol:

He didn't say it would be concluded shortly, only that he hoped it would be. World of difference.

Do you really think the British media will take notice of that, honestly?

NUST are damned if they do, damned if they dont. If they go ahead and be active on issues, people accuse them of just wanting attention or not being representative of the fans or whatever. If they dont then they are a waste of time.

I'd rather have someone like Greg with a sensible attitude trying to get things done, rather than Toontwat500 on Twitter @ing the PL.

Has the response been posted anywhere in here? If not will it be made public?

It’ll be a standard ‘we can’t say anything, confidential process etc etc’

No - both letters are private for good reason. It's not a PR exercise to make twitter happy.

The tweet explains it was an acknowledgement.

Then why tell everyone in the first place?

Pushing for importance by the looks of things.

:lol: