Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

It's crazy that the Premier League's lawyers are incapable of understanding that the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia is a "sEpArAte lEgAl eNtItY" and all this discussion about piracy is therefore completely irrelevant to their own owners and directors test! Really disappointing actually - if only they had the expertise present on this forum.

Guest godzilla

It's crazy that the Premier League's lawyers are incapable of understanding that the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia is a "sEpArAte lEgAl eNtItY" and all this discussion about piracy is therefore completely irrelevant to their own owners and directors test! Really disappointing actually - if only they had the expertise present on this forum.

:lol:

Also if true, I’m not sure how the premier league can request to speak to a Saudi minister if he isn’t apart of the PIF.

The PL seem to be backing themselves in to a corner and shouldn’t over estimate the leverage they have.

It said he was on the board but likely not involved in the deal didn't it?

Important line here ?

Reckon that concludes the matter. Only a matter of time. :aww:

Agreed. Cat out of the bag there for me.

have SA said they'll allow prosecution of people in their courts?  cause if they don't then i could see that being a major issue based on that

That seems to be referring to lifting the ban on beIN broadcasting in SA. If that's what they're requiring they may be on incredibly dodgy ground, because there's certainly no offence involved in not allowing beIN to broadcast in SA.

i disagree, a major part of the WTO finding was SA blocking legal redress in their own country for violations

That doesn't seem to be what he was referring to, he didn't say 'enforce rights', it seems to me that he's referring to beIN not being able to broadcast in SA.

"to take their rights" were the words he used, guess we interpret it differently

I can see that it could be interpreted either way, although taking rights implies more to me the process of actually using those rights to broadcast.

Notwithstanding that, I can't see how a government failing to take action could amount to an actual offence that could, within remit of the O&D test, result in disqualification of a director. The PL seem to be acting beyond the scope of the test purely due to their commercial interests.

thought that ben jacobs tweet was interesting mind, that the PL wanted clarification of that one bloke who was linked to piracy (or something) and is also on the board of PiF....there's always been the question over legal entities etc. but if he's heavily implicated in the piracy stuff then it might be what they're targetting

The Football Law opinion indicates that Saudi and Qatari lawyers accept that PIF is a separate legal entity.

∆ On 2 June 2020 Qatari- and Saudi- based lawyers provided confirmation to this author that KSA PIF is a separate legal entity.

I think it's pretty clear that's not the case.

Also if true, I’m not sure how the premier league can request to speak to a Saudi minister if he isn’t apart of the PIF.

The PL seem to be backing themselves in to a corner and shouldn’t over estimate the leverage they have.

It said he was on the board but likely not involved in the deal didn't it?

Oh he is? My bad then.

Can’t imagine the Saudis will be thrilled with having ministers grilled by the PL.

Come on now Luke, calm down.

Assume it's just admins who can see user IPs?

:lol:

thought that ben jacobs tweet was interesting mind, that the PL wanted clarification of that one bloke who was linked to piracy (or something) and is also on the board of PiF....there's always been the question over legal entities etc. but if he's heavily implicated in the piracy stuff then it might be what they're targetting

No, didn't say he was linked to the piracy, it said he was the one who issued the Saudi response to the WTO report (i.e. email-gate)

I'm pretty sure this was the same guy named in the WTO report specifically mind

Guest godzilla

No, didn't say he was linked to the piracy, it said he was the one who issued the Saudi response to the WTO report (i.e. email-gate)

Pretty sure nobody was named in the report as being specifically linked to the piracy. It only mentioned Saudi parties with no actual names

Important line here ?

Reckon that concludes the matter. Only a matter of time. :aww:

Agreed. Cat out of the bag there for me.

have SA said they'll allow prosecution of people in their courts?  cause if they don't then i could see that being a major issue based on that

That seems to be referring to lifting the ban on beIN broadcasting in SA. If that's what they're requiring they may be on incredibly dodgy ground, because there's certainly no offence involved in not allowing beIN to broadcast in SA.

i disagree, a major part of the WTO finding was SA blocking legal redress in their own country for violations

That doesn't seem to be what he was referring to, he didn't say 'enforce rights', it seems to me that he's referring to beIN not being able to broadcast in SA.

"to take their rights" were the words he used, guess we interpret it differently

Just watched that clip, pretty sure the words he says are "..and to allow sports rights-holders to protect their rights".

Unclear what he actually means, but perhaps it just means they (The PL) wants to see that SA are committed to stopping piracy, and that action is/will be taken if it happens again, as up to now, they have seemingly done little to stop it.

Guest awaymag

Cans

LOL, so the ODT test has been sort of shelved and the whole thing has become an open gallery of shit throwing and the consortium cannot respond as they are bound by the NDAs.

It is a farce and for 3 months now, NUFC and it supporters have had constant shit and baiting thrown at them.

Pretty sure nobody was named in the report as being specifically linked to the piracy. It only mentioned Saudi parties with no actual names

there was 100% a SA individual named in the report

EDIT: i'm wrong was a different guy i think, Saud Al-Qahtani

Guest neesy111

Cans

LOL, so the ODT test has been sort of shelved and the whole thing has become an open gallery of shit throwing and the consortium cannot respond as they are bound by the NDAs.

It is a farce and for 3 months now, NUFC and it supporters have had constant shit and baiting thrown at them.

:jesuswept:

there was 100% a SA individual named in the report

EDIT: i'm wrong was a different guy i think, Saud Al-Qahtani

MBS' Himmler :lol:

Guest neesy111

It's clear to me the PL are giving PIF a path to allow the takeover otherwise it would've been rejected by now.