N-O Football Live Quizzing

Disco

Depending on date/time I’m in.

Would be great to have you joining in again. That's a £2.50 in with this though, if that's okay with you?

I'm just gonna throw out Friday night as a suggestion?

Won't be able to do Friday I'm afraid. Any other day (apart from Saturday) will be fine for me.

Ditto for me. Sorry.

Thought money was a joke I’d missed but yeah happy to lose £2.50 to see you lovely people :lol:

Teams tonight, 8:20 kick-off:

Team 1

ponsaelius[/member]

Doctor Zaius[/member]

LFEE[/member]

Team 2

Wullie[/member]

Marko NUFC[/member]

Optimistic Nut[/member]

Team 3

relámpago blanco[/member]

neesy111[/member]

Eran (Marko's mate)

Team 4

Rocker[/member]

Sifu[/member]

Disco[/member]

£17 rolled over from before Christmas plus this week's chip-ins means a jackpot of £39.50 and runners-up £7.50.

Sorry for the spam, I realise at this point that this thread is basically my own little quizzing office at the moment, but:

It seems a bit unfair that the Runners-Up should get their stake back but the Finalists, should they not find a Pointless answer, get nothing.

So what I'm suggesting is, going forward: should the Finalists win, they get their jackpot and the Runners-Up get their stake back. But if the Finalists lose, nobody gets anything.

As it happens, tonight, benevolently, our Runners-Up (Gorilla and Eran), were happy to put their 'winnings' back into the pot.

Sorry for the spam, I realise at this point that this thread is basically my own little quizzing office at the moment, but:

It seems a bit unfair that the Runners-Up should get their stake back but the Finalists, should they not find a Pointless answer, get nothing.

So what I'm suggesting is, going forward: should the Finalists win, they get their jackpot and the Runners-Up get their stake back. But if the Finalists lose, nobody gets anything.

As it happens, tonight, benevolently, our Runners-Up (Gorilla and Eran), were happy to put their 'winnings' back into the pot.

Agree Yorkie. Also as said to you, I'm considering making one quiz as well to help you out.

Finalists get half the pot and if they don't get a pointless it the other half rolls over?

Cheers, Disco. I think half the pot is a bit generous though, particularly if there's a couple of rollovers like now; plus rolling over bigger and bigger amounts is quite exciting. If there's 12 playing again next time the total pot is going to be nearly £70.

Runners-up: stake back

'Losing' finalists: stake back

'Winning' finalists: jackpot

?

Agree Yorkie. Also as said to you, I'm considering making one quiz as well to help you out.

I love doing the quizzes so it's certainly no hardship, but yes please, by all means do one, Marko. If you do February's we can return to Pointless in March.

Aye sounds good too. Winners w/o pointless should get stake back at least.

Saying that, if we're doing a normal quiz next time might be worth reducing some of the pot so 1 (£10) ,2 (£5), 3 (stake) and a bonus round (£?) have a pay out.

Fine with me, but if Marko is doing the next one - in the form of a 'normal', individual one, rather than Pointless which is obviously team-based - we should let Marko decide whether or not there's a pot. But I will point out that: part of the thinking behind Pointless is that, because we've got two or three very strong players... Pointless opens it up to give everyone a pretty even chance of taking something away. :pow:

• 3 months later...

I've done a thing. Completely new/original; not Pointless or like anything else we've done before. (And nee moneys involved). 

Totes understand if there's not much interest at this point seeing as people can do actual activities these days, but thought I'd throw it out there cos it's nice to see folks if nowt else. 

Would anyone interested one early night next maybe? Mon/Tues/Weds?