N-O Football Live Quizzing

Disco

Guest neesy111
7 hours ago, SEMTEX said:

Oh it was nowt amazing. Just he was captain of a team with lfee and at one point Yorkie got the order wrong and had lfee going before neesy. Rather than drop it, neesy went back to the thread to prove that he was in fact supposed to go before LFEE, citing the order of names in the OP. It was mostly just neesy’s fantastic subtlety in ensuring LFEE did not answer any more questions than necessary :lol: 

meanwhile LFEE is being nice ol LFEE and just going along with whatever neesy wants

Hang on, I was just trying to keep order so that everyone got a turn.  Yorkie missed Ian off from the round of questions.

Guest neesy111
24 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Can't believe nobody remembers Mark Crossley's 15 million pound transfer from Forest to Middlesbrough.

I do remember him have blinders vs NUFC :dave:

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Was this a bit like that Tim Vine football quiz that was on telly then?

That's the closest thing it would be to, for sure; not that I thought that show was very good. :lol: Maybe just cos of Tim Vine. 

That 1-4 v Fulham where he made about 15 saves was insane.

Actually that Krul question last night must have been most saves kept in a clean sheet, stats say we had 20 shots on target that afternoon v Fulham. :lol: 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That 1-4 v Fulham where he made about 15 saves was insane.

Actually that Krul question last night must have been most saves kept in a clean sheet, stats say we had 20 shots on target that afternoon v Fulham. :lol: 

I checked that out and where I looked said Crossley saved 13, so dunno what the craic is there.

3 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Can't believe nobody remembers Mark Crossley's 15 million pound transfer from Forest to Middlesbrough.

Actually I can’t believe no one remembers the Premier League starting with an odd number of teams (21) 🙂 @AyeDubbleYoo

OH I forgot about that one! I didn't even know who was answering the question, but I audibly gasped when you said an uneven number :lol: Like WHY!? I was actually gonna say 18 for some reason, but 21 ffs!? 

43 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Don't think I've seen a sporting league with an uneven number....

You obviously don't watch the #1 league in the world. Major League Soccer.

(They've bopped between even/uneven for a decade. EXPANSION teams etc)

Edited by SEMTEX

As for GK saves I seem to recall us beating Villa 3-0 inspired by Tino and I’m sure there was 30-40 shots on target or something silly like that. I know my memory can play tricks on me but I recall it being some sort of record?

32 minutes ago, LFEE said:

As for GK saves I seem to recall us beating Villa 3-0 inspired by Tino and I’m sure there was 30-40 shots on target or something silly like that. I know my memory can play tricks on me but I recall it being some sort of record?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/42216027.amp

Just spotted this caveat:

"Most saves in a single game since August 2003 (when Opta began collecting this data)"

• 1 year later...
50 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Aye, might do. Why not. Is it just general football knowledge or NUFC knowledge?

Hurray!

It's very much a mix. There's some NUFC-centric rounds but plenty of general footy knowledge in there too. Definitely more of the former, though.