N-O Football Live Quizzing

Disco

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Maybe should put a time on answering the question. 30 seconds. Those in possession get 20 seconds and if not answered or incorrect other team gets 10 seconds to answer and an automatic advancement. 

Or maybe leave it like it exactly is [emoji38]

Reduce the difficulty of the questions plus a time-limiter I think is the way to go! Hey ho, like I say, it was untested. Unless we're counting Blockbusters. 

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

So you were Admin?

Aye - my pc is connected to my main tv so watched it through that but theres no mic or camera

Edited by Lazarus

Guest neesy111
Just now, Lazarus said:

:lol:  Some of the closeups were a bit offputting but i thought it was a hoot

Did you enjoy Rocker's baldness?

Just now, Lazarus said:

He seems a canny lad even though he had a mare.

You all do - wierd putting faces to names

We'll have to get you involved if there's [any appetite whatsoever for]another. :thup:

Just now, Yorkie said:

We'll have to get you involved if there's [any appetite whatsoever for]another. :thup:

Deffo - i dont have a laptop though. I could use my phone but itll be like watching someone with parkinsons....

I would definitely play it again like. Only tweak I'd make is perhaps shimmy the easy questions up to medium to make it more accessible and get some ridiculously easy ones for passbacks as I don't think anybody will reasonably do that. 

That will encourage and reward people who go for the more ambitious/harder questions. 

A timer too would perhaps be good although I get that it's just another thing to micromanage for you during the game. Maybe only bring that in towards the end to avoid timewasting. 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I would definitely play it again like. Only tweak I'd make is perhaps shimmy the easy questions up to medium to make it more accessible and get some ridiculously easy ones for passbacks as I don't think anybody will reasonably do that. 

That will encourage and reward people who go for the more ambitious/harder questions. 

A timer too would perhaps be good although I get that it's just another thing to micromanage for you during the game. Maybe only bring that in towards the end to avoid timewasting. 

Maybe have a few more multiple choice questions for some medium questions to make them easier?

Cheers, lads, and I couldn't agree more; the questions were just too tricky to expect us folks to give answers with confidence in such a short space of time. Think I probably over-estimated folks' general football knowledge.

I'm looking at my list of hard questions now and wondering what the fuck I was thinking. :lol:

Oh it was nowt amazing. Just he was captain of a team with lfee and at one point Yorkie got the order wrong and had lfee going before neesy. Rather than drop it, neesy went back to the thread to prove that he was in fact supposed to go before LFEE, citing the order of names in the OP. It was mostly just neesy’s fantastic subtlety in ensuring LFEE did not answer any more questions than necessary :lol: 

meanwhile LFEE is being nice ol LFEE and just going along with whatever neesy wants

In hindsight I should’ve just been passing backwards to retain possession and allow the attacking quizzers to do the damage.

Mixing up Beckham and Ronaldo was a low point. Although 2003 and 2009 aren’t ‘that’ far apart ???

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

In hindsight I should’ve just been passing backwards to retain possession and allow the attacking quizzes to do the damage.

Mixing up Beckham and Ronaldo was a low point. Although 2003 and 2009 aren’t ‘that’ far apart ???

I was wondering why literally no one did that despite the difficulty of the mediums being well established. :lol:

Anyway, thanks again for participating, folks - above all it's just nice to see people. Pandemic or no pandemic, I don't get up there often, lesser still to see yous in a big group. Will probably be resurrecting the thread again in a month or so for this reason if nothing else, assuming no one else does first, which they'd of course be welcome to.