Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

34 minutes ago, manorpark said:

It will be interesting to see how many of Keiths 'incessant critics' have the strength of character to come on here and make 'incessant apologies' when what he actually says happens, and the Takeover is approved.

If the takeover does happen it will have absolutely nothing to do with what that Walter Mitty bullshitter says.

PIF sold any shares in Booking Holdings between June and September 2020 so unfortunately that doesn't mean anything now https://docoh.com/company/1767640/public-investment-fund/holdings-history https://longbridgeapp.com/en/news/24700879 https://seekingalpha.com/news/3637172-saudi-fund-cuts-us-stock-exposure-3b-holds-on-to-uber-adds-novagold

Few sites marking that. "Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund has cut its exposure to North American equities by $3B, by offloading some exchange traded funds and stocks... Notable exits include Canadian Natural Resources (NYSE:CNQ), Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO), Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP), Booking (NASDAQ:BKNG), though still holds a $2.7B stake in Uber (NYSE:UBER) as its largest U.S. traded holding.

Edited by nbthree3

42 minutes ago, gdm said:

I must have missed the mass outcry and protest campaigns about the immoral investment into Kayak.....and every single other thing except us.

Edited by Wolfcastle

On 10/07/2021 at 19:45, Wolfcastle said:

I must have missed the mass outcry and protest campaigns about the immoral investment into Kayak.....and every single other thing except us.

This pov is arguably the most tedious part of the takeover for me  :lol:

33 minutes ago, GWN said:

Lads any news on this competition case? Wasn’t evidence from PL due yesterday? 

any sign of anything? 

given another weeks extension I think. 

Just now, cosmic said:

As in 19 July now? or still the 12th?

He's taking the piss.

There's no update. The deadline for them to respond has passed. Either they have, or haven't. We don't know yet. 

Guest reefatoon

There is no news about it being extended yet another week. The 12th is still the latest update.

That’s not an update we’d hear anything about until well after the fact. When they initially presented evidence it took the club nearly a month to retort. Then the PL had 2 weeks or there abouts to address those arguments.

They got an extra week and I suppose their argument will be with the judge/clubs lawyers now so if there’s anything to answer on this the club will get a chance to retort again probably.

So am guessing it could be another month before this jurisdiction gets settled based on how long it’s been taking up to this point?

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

That’s not an update we’d hear anything about until well after the fact. When they initially presented evidence it took the club nearly a month to retort. Then the PL had 2 weeks or there abouts to address those arguments.

They got an extra week and I suppose their argument will be with the judge/clubs lawyers now so if there’s anything to answer on this the club will get a chance to retort again probably.

So am guessing it could be another month before this jurisdiction gets settled based on how long it’s been taking up to this point?

a month , for a yes or a no , Jesus wept .