Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Ben said:

TBF I don't even think Steve Bruce wants that 

He wants a nice pay off so he can suckle himself on lurpak.

Just now, neesy111 said:

He wants a nice pay off so he can suckle himself on lurpak.

I honestly think he does, his new house is probably almost complete now so he can get a nice little north west club near his Cheshire home and steal a living with the Steve's taking a team into the top 8 

Just now, Ben said:

I honestly think he does, his new house is probably almost complete now so he can get a nice little north west club near his Cheshire home and steal a living with the Steve's taking a team into the top 8 

Who the fuck is going to employ him?

25 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Who the fuck is going to employ him?

Chairmen are lazy, there will be a good handful of Championship clubs who would see last seasons league position and take a punt. If he was really a football man who just wants to be in the game then he could drop to league 1, live off his (hopeful) payoff from Staveley and co but his ego is probably too big for that

46 minutes ago, Ben said:

I think the EPL are looking for an "out" here and I reckon Staveley's negotiation offer is just what is required, at this stage, tonight, both parties could come out of this looking good.

I dont see any evidence of them looking for an out tbh.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

Me neither. The longer this goes on the longer they seem to be trying to stall indefinitely or actually gear up to defend their position to a seemingly stacked arbitration committee. 

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

You might be right, but why the total radio silence, the Premier league are a organisation of 20 members with an obligation to the fans of all of them  their communication levels are Charnley at best.

Guest reefatoon

They’ve not given an answer because they have nothing to reject it for. Delaying and saying nothing is the next best thing for them. It’s going to be hard for them to make excuses and to give reasons why it’s taken so long. No wonder they are clamouring for privacy.

13 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Anyone take Enrique as manager when the takeover happens?

Despite looking like an aged Patrick from Coupling he'd add some style to the dug out at least

Think most would take Enrique Iglesias so long as Bruce fucked off.

21 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Anyone take Enrique as manager when the takeover happens?

Despite looking like an aged Patrick from Coupling he'd add some style to the dug out at least

:lol: I thought he looked like Rufus Sewell from the Man in the High Castle but that's a good shout. 

14 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Thank fuck Masters and Co. acted in our best interests and rescued the North East from any kind of wretched investment that we didnt deserve. All Hail our Saviours.

It's just fuckin stupid isn't it, when you take away all the shit the top 6 don't want another competitor 

16 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Thank fuck Masters and Co. acted in our best interests and rescued the North East from any kind of wretched investment that we didnt deserve. All Hail our Saviours.

Honestly, when you boil it all down this is what they’ve done. 

A fuckin carbon monoxide leak wouldn’t be good enough for those two slugs.