Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

It’s tantalisingly close just to think the whole city could benefit from this kind of investment.

I’d like to think there is some real renewed pressure being applied by govt behind the scenes.

The short sightedness and utter disregard the PL has shown for the future of the club is criminal.

How two individuals like Masters and Hoffman can be unaccountable beyond a private arbitration is scandalous.

A football club like ours has a massive impact on the local economy which should go way beyond these 2 individuals. It’s inconceivable a national institution should be held hostage by a corrupt organisation who currently appear unaccountable to anyone.

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s tantalisingly close just to think the whole city could benefit from this kind of investment.

I’d like to think there is some real renewed pressure being applied by govt behind the scenes.

The short sightedness and utter disregard the PL has shown for the future of the club is criminal.

How two individuals like Masters and Hoffman can be unaccountable beyond a private arbitration is scandalous.

A football club like ours has a massive impact on the local economy which should go way beyond these 2 individuals. It’s inconceivable a national institution should be held hostage by a corrupt organisation who currently appear unaccountable to anyone.

Aye, it’s great that she mentioned not just the club but the area too. It’s great ammunition to have, letting them know they are wanting to invest in it. :thup:

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

Aye, it’s great that she mentioned not just the club but the area too. It’s great ammunition to have, letting them know they are wanting to invest in it. :thup:

She came across very well.

I’m hoping the Reubens are next to go on the offensive later in the week.

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

That's incredible.

I love how City are just dominating Manchester now. Man Utd fans must be frothing at the mouth on a daily basis. 

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That's incredible.

I love how City are just dominating Manchester now. Man Utd fans must be frothing at the mouth on a daily basis. 

Man Utd fans from Manchester…? 🤔😂 (see Froggy). Plus why would they be frothing? They’ve comfortably beaten the Man City record signing amount several times over. 

10 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That's incredible.

They’re also behind the largest arena being built in the country next to Etihad.

Also to think PIF make these guys look like paupers.

https://www.si.com/soccer/manchestercity/news/man-city-owners-invest-in-new-stadium-development-on-etihad-stadium-site

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/name-east-manchesters-new-350-19001136

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Man Utd fans from Manchester…? 🤔😂 (see Froggy). Plus why would they be frothing? They’ve comfortably beaten the Man City record signing amount several times over. 

Because they are a million miles ahead of them in every way. I was in Manchester not so long, speaking to a die hard Man U fan and he admitted as much.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Because they are a million miles ahead of them in every way. I was in Manchester not so long, speaking to a die hard Man U fan and he admitted as much.

Fair enough. Simply can’t see them being a million miles ahead purely due to exorbitant finances. I’m sure they don’t have to bathe in wheelie bins, after all. Plus, as I mentioned, they have bought around five or six players at greater fees than the record City signing. 

Edited by Manxst

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Fair enough. Simply can’t see them being a million miles ahead purely due to exorbitant finances. I’m sure they don’t have to bathe in wheelie bins, after all. 

City are richer, don't have owners leeching off them, have better infrastructure and are properly investing in the community. According to the lad I spoke to they also have local youth development sewn up and all the youngsters want to go there over Man U. He was pretty scathing about it tbh.

The government do need to step in here.  Even if its just formalising the PL owners and directors test in UK law with a independent government agency overseeing the operation of that test and ruling on any appeals.  The claims that they don't want to over reach by legislating on club membership of a private league is just ridiculous.  Legislating on competition aspects of industry is just normal government activity.  Over reach is legislating on whether people can step outside of their house, hug people or even step within a certain distance of people, which they've done for the last 15 or so months.

Edited by Teasy

It looks like Edwards went on another blocking spree last night after someone accused him of not wanting the takeover as it would bring investment to the area,  apparently he is just the voice of reason and Newcastle fans can't handle that.