Newcastle United 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur - 15/07/20 - post match from pg 15

Disco

Think I'll have to stay out of match threads in the future, the amount of shit that gets talked about our players is literally depressing. One misplaced pass or tackle, an error in positioning or being a fraction to slow...

He's shite

Absolute rubbish

etc. etc.

The game is played at high energy and pace and of course errors happen. But its a match, a game, not a freeze frame analysis of a snapshot in time. We don't deserve to be behind, Song's goal was lucky, his close miss would have been sensational. Shelvey's pass at around 20m for Gayle was brilliant. Then the glancing header that hit the post. Sliding fucking doors, it could easily be us that are 1-0 up.

There's a thread for Twitter Bollocks or whatever it's called, but the forum is taking on the aspect of the wider social media more and more.  Calling an international rubbish and shite is just ludicrous, twitter jerk-off diatribe; and shouldn't be given a moment of attention.

Think I'll have to stay out of match threads in the future, the amount of shit that gets talked about our players is literally depressing. One misplaced pass or tackle, an error in positioning or being a fraction to slow...

He's shite

Absolute rubbish

etc. etc.

The game is played at high energy and pace and of course errors happen. But its a match, a game, not a freeze frame analysis of a snapshot in time. We don't deserve to be behind, Song's goal was lucky, his close miss would have been sensational. Shelvey's pass at around 20m for Gayle was brilliant. Then the glancing header that hit the post. Sliding fucking doors, it could easily be us that are 1-0 up.

There's a thread for Twitter Bollocks or whatever it's called, but the forum is taking on the aspect of the wider social media more and more.  Calling an international rubbish and shite is just ludicrous, twitter jerk-off diatribe; and shouldn't be given a moment of attention.

Yedlin's been well under the standard you would expect of a premier league footballer tonight. Is that ok?

Guest neesy111

He's shite

Absolute rubbish

etc. etc.

:jesuswept:

How is Yedlin in ahead of Lazaro?

I’m really starting to dislike Schär. He’s cost us a few goals since he’s been back in the side.

That couldn’t be arsed back tracking after he’d lost the ball boils my piss. I mean, regardless of what happens, he’s playing for his future, either a move away or to convince new owners he’s good enough.

He doesn’t give a shite.

Guest Butcher

Think I'll have to stay out of match threads in the future, the amount of s*** that gets talked about our players is literally depressing. One misplaced pass or tackle, an error in positioning or being a fraction to slow...

He's s****

Absolute rubbish

etc. etc.

The game is played at high energy and pace and of course errors happen. But its a match, a game, not a freeze frame analysis of a snapshot in time. We don't deserve to be behind, Song's goal was lucky, his close miss would have been sensational. Shelvey's pass at around 20m for Gayle was brilliant. Then the glancing header that hit the post. Sliding f***ing doors, it could easily be us that are 1-0 up.

There's a thread for Twitter Bollocks or whatever it's called, but the forum is taking on the aspect of the wider social media more and more.  Calling an international rubbish and s**** is just ludicrous, twitter jerk-off diatribe; and shouldn't be given a moment of attention.

100% :thup:

He's shite

Absolute rubbish

etc. etc.

Yedlin's been well under the standard you would expect of a premier league footballer tonight. Is that ok?

No, Yedlin has been shite!  :D  And not just in this game either.  For most of his time here in my opinion.  Mr Logic does have a valid point though.

He's shite

Absolute rubbish

etc. etc.

I think you understood the wider aspect of my post without trying to be pedantic about an individual player. I recollect one moment where yedlin was the highest player up the pitch to receive the outball and we suddenly had 4 on 4.

I also recollect a brilliant goal from Yedlin thanks to his desire and pace. One moment in time, even a 10-15m spell, doesn't equate to 'not up to standard for the league'.

He's shite

Absolute rubbish

etc. etc.

I think you understood the wider aspect of my post without trying to be pedantic about an individual player. I recollect one moment where yedlin was the highest player up the pitch to receive the outball and we suddenly had 4 on 4.

I also recollect a brilliant goal from Yedlin thanks to his desire and pace. One moment in time, even a 10-15m spell, doesn't equate to 'not up to standard for the league'.

I'm amazed you're able to control yourself in what is a fairly emotive sport as a supporter of the club. You're much better than the rest of us, looking down from that high horse of yours. Well done chap.

Guest neesy111

Like a training match this. Bizarre.

Yeah, I think the intensity has been off.  Lots of comfortable passes with not much pressure.

I remember when Yedlin did something positive, too, but he's still shite.

It's a match thread, ffs. It's built for hyperbolic, reactionary comments. Probably not the best idea to follow the game using this thread if you aren't able to watch.

We have a piss poor squad led by Steve Bruce, of course people are going to be frustrated with the shit being served up.