Callum Wilson

Strawberry

6 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Oh FFS. Woe is you.

Sorry, I should expect mocking from a load of people behind s keyboard for saying I don’t like someone’s cheating. If you guys don’t mind it I’m sure you can cope with my difference of opinion. 

The Tory bit was a joke before you get too upset. 

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

Sorry, I should expect mocking from a load of people behind s keyboard for saying I don’t like someone’s cheating. If you guys don’t mind it I’m sure you can cope with my difference of opinion. 

The Tory bit was a joke before you get too upset. 

Oh Christ!  So you actually are a primary school teacher?

Look I just said I don’t want to see diving. Pretty sure people on here have said it about Miggy, Joelinton and Wilson before and certainly complained about players like Alli and Grealish doing it. I don’t get this sudden change of reaction. Hardly a controversial opinion :lol:

8 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

Yes and I’m also a Tory too as we’ve discussed previously. Sorry I don’t agree with everyone here. Hate it when people dare come on a forum and have a difference of opinion. 

Fuck the Tories.

13 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Stop being a moron, I’m just stating my opinion. Absolutely ridiculous the way people jump on someone’s back here for having a difference of opinion. 

I’m sure none of you have ever complained about anyone else diving.

Comment was nowt to do with your opinion, It was (clearly) about you picking up on a minor negative despite everything else that went on last night. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Comment was nowt to do with your opinion, It was (clearly) about you picking up on a minor negative despite everything else that went on last night. 

There’s nothing wrong with that. I’d already given him loads of praise. I’m sure my comment was pretty minor too in the grand scheme of things. 

From what I saw it looked like an 'entitled to go down' dive. I was shocked it wasn't given, it looked like bread and butter for a Tottenham or Liverpool penalty.

I love Wilson, but comparing him with Ferdinand is like when N-O tried to compare ASM with HBA, you're just forcing me to speak negatively about a player I love by comparing them with some of the best players I've ever seen play for Newcastle. Ferdinand was unbelievable man, he won player of the year in 95/96 and both his seasons rank alongside any of Shearer or Cole's at Newcastle.

Not saying it happens on here, but there's definitely a trend at the moment of dismissing first-hand experience as delusional nostalgia like, it's proper nauseating. Usually from the same people who use words and expressions like 'ball' and 'pick up' when they mean football and signing.

Edited by Kid Icarus

He's just very good at everything.

He's pretty quick

He's really strong on the ball

He can hold it up well

He's excellent with his head

He's a poacher

He will also try the spectacular from time to time (arsenal attempt last year, spurs away, Everton away).

He's really good at pressing

He can play in a 2 or on his own

He's ice cold at one on ones and penalties

He's driven to be number 1 (see his competition with Isak)

He's an experienced shithouse

And he's also fucking gorgeous.

Just now, aussiemag said:

Loic Remy was great for that one season. 

Aye and Cisse's purple patch after joining us was a fun 8-9 games. Golden. Still my favourite song to sing on the terrace too [emoji38]

Wilson certainly had consistency on his side.

I always thought Remy was more naturally gifted than Ba/Cisse/Wilson, he was more similar to Isak, graceful across the pitch.

His time at the club is largely tainted by the way he arrived and the way he left.

That's not to say he was "better" because you've got to actually produce over a period of time.

I think Ba and Wilson are the most rounded players. Cisse offered too little aside from his goals.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Remy's was 14 in 26, with injuries, which was pretty excellent return.

It is but I always think injury records should be included.