Callum Wilson

Strawberry

14 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Only way he'd go is if we signed someone like Kane or Osimhen. 

Yeah only way is if we had a proper legitimate (younger) replacement and Spurs were going to throw a massive transfer fee at it. Still don’t see it though.

24 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Yeah only way is if we had a proper legitimate (younger) replacement and Spurs were going to throw a massive transfer fee at it. Still don’t see it though.

Unlikely, but I'd listen to what Spurs had to offer, and check on possible replacements.

Wilson's a good all-round striker, but not indispensable. 

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

Love that an interviewer asked Wilson what thought about Harvey Barnes and Wilson responds by saying that he’s exactly the type player that the club needs and that Barnes will get a lot of assists this year. [emoji38]  Always thinking about himself scoring goals.

Love owt like this.  Proper greedy bastard old school no.9 crack.

Feels like a Supermac quote

We don't need to sell so there's no way anyone would pay our asking price imo, not given his injury record. ASM is a case in point; presumably no one was even prepared to take a £24m punt on him despite his ability. 

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

Unlikely, but I'd listen to what Spurs had to offer, and check on possible replacements.

Wilson's a good all-round striker, but not indispensable. 

You're right, especially with him being 31 and having only a year left on his contract. Problem is, because of his age and injury record, we aren't likely to get that big a fee for him, and considering he's still one of the PL best goalscorers when he's fit, would be expensive to replace him.

The reasonable thing to do with Wilson is see how he gets on up to January and then decide on a new deal. If he's injured again up until then we'll perhaps there's the answer we needed.

I'd be perfectly happy with him signing a 1yr extension if he does well in the next 6 months but next Summer, regardless of if he's here or not we still need to bring in another top quality striker.

2 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Can’t see anything on Twitter or any other outlets.

It was a bloke I met in Turkey a few years ago that I still keep in touch with who has something to do with the supporters Trust.

A poor ITK, but we are feeding on scraps just now.

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

What would people think would be a fee that would tempt the club into considering a sale? 40m? 50?

Fitness record, age and remaining contract length make those very high numbers imo. 

Edited by Nine