Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Yeah, not only did he run in the wrong direction but one of his touches was awful and he basically lost total control of the move at that point. Don’t blame him really or the team, when you have a match where you get fuck all chances you’re going to snatch at them and make mistakes 

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Wilson seemed to suffer from the same 22/23 Pre-Season Murphy Syndrome most others had, I think it was basically 3-on-1 and he just ran straight towards their only defender [emoji38]

I’ve been trying my best not to post as don’t want to be too negative but Wilson wound me up so much last night. Great instinctive finisher but when he has time it seems like it usually goes wrong.

Edited by Dr Venkman

It was piss poor from Wilson. But from memory, Almiron made the exact same run as Anderson (?) when he had the chance to go the other side. So it was a shitshow all round. 

We have too many blind alley type players in our advanced positions a lot of the time. Against the best team in the world, when you only get about 5-6 decent openings per game. It is really amplified. 

5 hours ago, Displayname said:

Whats your problem with it if I may ask? :)

It’s pre-planned, which doesn’t allow for the context of the game. Isak is better than Wilson. And I want Isak to get the chance to play against tired legs at the end of a game in which he’s been working hard to wear them out.

16 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

It’s pre-planned, which doesn’t allow for the context of the game. Isak is better than Wilson. And I want Isak to get the chance to play against tired legs at the end of a game in which he’s been working hard to wear them out.

Isak looked pretty off yesterday tbh. Only had 10 touches and fumbled it away every time. Did have a nice run for the red card though.

Not sure if I would call bringing on a player like Wilson pre-planned or just a no-brainer. He certainly wouldnt be happy staying on the bench the whole game. Maybe Isak will get his chance running at tired legs next game :)

Edited by Displayname

1 minute ago, Displayname said:

Isak looked pretty off yesterday tbh. Only had 10 touches and fumbled it away every time. Did have a nice run for the red card though.

Not sure if I would call bringing on a player like Wilson pre-planned or just a no-brainer. He certainly wouldnt be happy staying on the bench the whole game. Maybe Isak will get his chance running at tired legs next game :)

Isak’s the player in our squad most capable of creating a goal from nothing.

The Wilson sub is clearly pre-planned because it’s repetitive now. DGAF if Wilson’s miffed being dropped TBH, we shouldn’t be conceding the initiative in any game to keep players happy.

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Isak’s the player in our squad most capable of creating a goal from nothing.

The Wilson sub is clearly pre-planned because it’s repetitive now. DGAF if Wilson’s miffed being dropped TBH, we shouldn’t be conceding the initiative in any game to keep players happy.

I DoGAF about Wilson being happy and wanting to stay. The competition between him and Isak secured us the Champions League qualification last year.

Still the most scoring player in PL since april while having limited playing time.

Wilson discussing some of his best goals for the toon. He talks about his mentality being one of his strengths especially when he went through a dry patch last season and some people on here were saying he wasn't good enough. 

1 minute ago, CPL said:

Wilson discussing some of his best goals for the toon. He talks about his mentality being one of his strengths especially when he went through a dry patch last season and some people on here were saying he wasn't good enough. 

Love him like, one of my favourite players for the toon ever.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Love him like, one of my favourite players for the toon ever.

We are lucky to have him and Isak for sure! Hopefully he can reach the 100 club this season! 

2 hours ago, Viana said:

A lovely video that begins with a wonderful take down of Bruce's era via his goal against Leicester, 'We weren't a possession side' :lol:

He was dying to have a pop but just about restrained himself! Went down the passive aggressive route 🤣

Just now, 80 said:

Would like to see him start the next game. Good goal, good effort.

100% and Longstaff. We just don't have the balance in midfield currently and there are gaping holes in the midfield. 

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Not been feeling Isak these last few games but I'd still keep him in the team, wasteful today and anonymous previously.

Got to start Wilson though so let's try and get them both in.

Nearly originally wrote 'with or without Isak'. But don't want to be kneejerk. Even though he has appeared lackadaisical at times, there's still plenty of reason to think he should remain a starter.