Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Slightly concerning now like how many chances he needs to finally score a goal, should have had 3 today. Like it's all good today and jt didn't really matter, but there'll be games where he'll only get once chance, and on current form it's not a given he takes it like it was a year or so ago.

Still love him and not trying to be negative, but he does need to be more clinical or it's going to end up costing us at some point

1 hour ago, NUFCDoog said:

Slightly concerning now like how many chances he needs to finally score a goal, should have had 3 today. Like it's all good today and jt didn't really matter, but there'll be games where he'll only get once chance, and on current form it's not a given he takes it like it was a year or so ago.

Still love him and not trying to be negative, but he does need to be more clinical or it's going to end up costing us at some point

I’ve not even looked at stats, but off memory this season he’s been pretty clinical? Fair enough he fluffed a couple today, but he’s taken most chances well this season. 

1 hour ago, NUFCDoog said:

He's pretty much as clinical as you'll see if you're not talking elite level - the Haaland and Kanes of the world.  He'll dee for me.

A certain Haaland has missed a few sitters recently also. Would Pep drop him? 

As long as he is getting in positions to score them and stays fit, he'll hit 15+ easy. 

Edited by CPL

Aye Wilson is in the best of the rest group in PL, and honest to god there are few I'd swap him for right now.

Glad he got a goal today after a couple of fluffed chances, and it's good he has a goal in mind to keep him driven and focused.

I love Wilson. He missed a couple but was denied a penalty for the trip on Gordon.

Wilson has a bit of a reputation for selfishness, but there is no way we score eight and Alan Shearer only gets one of them. We all know what happened the last time.

Wilson's most elite attribute is his head. His ability to miss multiple chances and still be on the lookout for the next opportunity, still having the confidence to take that next chance with a clear head and without the misses affecting him. His confidence is what got him here, and it's what keeps him scoring. God knows, we've had an impressive lineup of forwards who's head goes to shit after one single miss [emoji38]

Getting annoyed at him for missing chances? Never. Get annoyed at the forward who hides after the miss.

Actually winds me up how people just will not accept fact [emoji38]

Nothing wrong with saying his finishing wasn't great yesterday. He is still clinical... They aren't mutually exclusive. You can be an elite finisher and have a shoddy game.

Edited by David Edgar