Callum Wilson

Strawberry

6 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

The question is who will actually pay anything for him, his record is that bad.

You’re right re his record, but a bottom half club would absolutely take a punt on him - he’s guaranteed goals during the half a season when he’s fit, which could be the difference between staying up or not.  He’s been linked to big clubs, but I can’t see any of them picking him up because of the injury record 

1 hour ago, Chris L said:

If they stay up someone like Luton would probably take a gamble on him. Or a newly promoted side. 

And only if they get him dirt cheap.

A fucking strained tit? I've heard it all this season, only a matter of time before there's an inflamed gonad or a blistered perineum ruling someone out for a month or so

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Said earlier that I love Wilson as a centre forward, but even I think his time here is up.  Wonderful no.9, but nee use if he’s never going to play for more than a few games before breaking down.  Absolute pisser because he’s a fantastic traditional centre forward. 

I never really did, I still think he's strong and a good finisher but he's not a good footballer

10 minutes ago, Conjo said:
1 hour ago, Chris L said:

If they stay up someone like Luton would probably take a gamble on him. Or a newly promoted side. 

And only if they get him dirt cheap.

Loan with us paying at least 50% of his wages, or something like that. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Loan with us paying at least 50% of his wages, or something like that. 

I hope it's not that bad like :lol: That's Jeff Hendrick levels of desperation.

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

You’re right re his record, but a bottom half club would absolutely take a punt on him - he’s guaranteed goals during the half a season when he’s fit, which could be the difference between staying up or not.  He’s been linked to big clubs, but I can’t see any of them picking him up because of the injury record 

I'd agree if he was under 30 but he's not and his injury record will likely worsen from now-on-in. Perhaps a bottom half side will think reduced games will mitigate that and take the gamble.

14 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I hope it's not that bad like :lol: That's Jeff Hendrick levels of desperation.

Why would anyone pay serious money for someone who's guaranteed to spend at least half their time in the physio room though? 

I agree in a sense; that sort of deal probably wouldn't make sense financially and we might as well just keep him on the books. Fully expect him to be registered as a NUFC player next season.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Why would anyone pay serious money for someone who's guaranteed to spend at least half their time in the physio room though? 

I agree in a sense; that sort of deal probably wouldn't make sense financially and we might as well just keep him on the books. Fully expect him to be registered as a NUFC player next season.

No one's going to pay serious money for him, but as @TheBrownBottle has already said, there will be relegation threatened teams who might reckon even half a season worth of Wilson goals would keep them up. At this point the only reason to get rid of him is so we can bring in someone who might stay fit for the majority of the season, otherwise we can just keep him for the final year. He's probably scuppered this season well and truly though.

What is an even bigger pisser is that when Howe was talking about alternative strikers in our current squad last summer, he mentioned Gordon and...wait for it....Joelinton. :lol:

Callum Wilson’s stats 

15/16 - 189 days injured
16/17 - 260 days injured
18/19 - 72 days injured
19/20 - 12 days injured 
20/21 - 99 days injured
21/22 - 173 days injured
22/23 - 45 days injured
23/24 - 85 days injured and counting...…

Coincidentally injuries were at their lowest when cabbage head was here - maybe he needs the Ledley King treatment and only train a few times a week with a very light schedule. Sad really.

2 hours ago, Menace said:

Coincidentally injuries were at their lowest when cabbage head was here - maybe he needs the Ledley King treatment and only train a few times a week with a very light schedule. Sad really.

It is sad the way it has gone towards the end. But let someone else have him on the Deadly Ledley schedule. Should be someone else’s problem next season. 

3 hours ago, Paully said:

Callum Wilson’s stats 

15/16 - 189 days injured
16/17 - 260 days injured
18/19 - 72 days injured
19/20 - 12 days injured 
20/21 - 99 days injured
21/22 - 173 days injured
22/23 - 45 days injured
23/24 - 85 days injured and counting...…

That's so bad.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Tbf he was knackered when he got injured. I mentioned it before - he needs to Wenger RVP treatment. If he looks tired, sub him. If he's jaded - rest him. Otherwise he will literally break down.

I was hoping both him and Gordon came off sooner in that Forest game. With hindsight we now know Murphy wasn't capable of coming on,but it still doesn't change the fact that Eddie has been reluctant to bring people off when we are trying to see out a game. He just doesn't seem to trust the others. 

But I think that mentality is costing more than potential dropped points in one off games. Sure we might have conceded a late goal at Forest if we had subbed Gordon or Wilson sooner, but we now have lost Wilson for 2-3 months where he might have contributed to more than the potential 2 dropped points. 

I know it's impossible to truly predict injuries, but there is definitely a pattern where players, especially those returning from injury, have been pushed beyond their physical limits. Joelinton, Willock, Isak to name a few.

10 minutes ago, alexf said:

I was hoping both him and Gordon came off sooner in that Forest game. With hindsight we now know Murphy wasn't capable of coming on,but it still doesn't change the fact that Eddie has been reluctant to bring people off when we are trying to see out a game. He just doesn't seem to trust the others. 

But I think that mentality is costing more than potential dropped points in one off games. Sure we might have conceded a late goal at Forest if we had subbed Gordon or Wilson sooner, but we now have lost Wilson for 2-3 months where he might have contributed to more than the potential 2 dropped points. 

I know it's impossible to truly predict injuries, but there is definitely a pattern where players, especially those returning from injury, have been pushed beyond their physical limits. Joelinton, Willock, Isak to name a few.

Agreed.

Are we sure they've entirely discounted still letting him play tomorrow? Let him strip off and show it off to shock Bournemouth in to submission Cody Rhodes-style.