Callum Wilson

Strawberry

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Wanted to take the penalty. Was a minor argument about it with Longstaff grabbing the ball away from him :lol: 

Not a good thing, that might of influenced isak to miss.

If I was the Gaffa I'd gan mental at shit like that

I think he will leave, I think he will ask to leave.

He knows he's no longer top dog. The Wilson I know will want to be.

I'd be very surprised to see him here next year.

1 hour ago, CPL said:

Just don't like how quickly people dismiss him and want to sell him in the summer. I know it's football but for me he still has a role to play even from the bench. 

yup this. god i wish we could keep him fit, but being benched a bit more often might be how we manage him 

Mind, that being said. If we can sign a quality RW, then Wilson being available for 50% of the games becomes less of an issue, since we have Gordon and Barnes. I'd be more than happy for Wilson to stay.

Posted (edited)
Just now, tombrownnufc3 said:

So he's not top dog now because Wilson's back and had a great game ?? Wtf 

You drunk? He isn’t talking about Isak. 

Edited by Ikon

Quality today but I think the summer is the right time to get rid of him. Unfortunately we just can’t rely on him due to his fitness record. 

1 minute ago, tombrownnufc3 said:

Got confused edited before u replied  haha... Yeah I am a bit though after that 😂

No worries mate, we all get a bit squiffy after a good win.

3 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Quality today but I think the summer is the right time to get rid of him. Unfortunately we just can’t rely on him due to his fitness record. 

Yup, sell. no brainer really.

Hopefully he stays fit and scores a few in the last few games. I’m sure there will be clubs willing to gamble on him. Love him but it’s time to move on. If we get fuck all for him I’d rather keep him though, obviously. 

Just now, ATB said:

Yup, sell. no brainer really.

It is . Still be sad see him go though he's a pure finisher and his hold up play/strength is excellent . He's been great for us even in the dark times until now....shame he's so injury prone ..... But it does make sense if we get a good fee

Love Cal to bits, but if he stays he needs to be third choice behind Isak and a summer signing rotation/back up. Looking at his body language and listening to him, he’s not happy at all. Looks like a man fighting some demons to me.

If he wants to go, let him go. He could still do a great job for a mid/lower table side and get goals galore. If he wants to stay, let him stay but don’t rely on him to play 40 games, it’s not going to happen.

That said, if he goes, does Eddie give Isak get the 9 shirt?

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Hopefully he stays fit and scores a few in the last few games. I’m sure there will be clubs willing to gamble on him. Love him but it’s time to move on. If we get fuck all for him I’d rather keep him though, obviously. 

Promoted club would take a gamble though surely?

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

Promoted club would take a gamble though surely?

Would improve their chances of staying up tenfold. Even if he plays only, say 20 games. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, tombrownnufc3 said:

I think isak would relish the #9 . It's not like it hasn't got a great history is it ! , and well deserved to say the least 

Edited by tombrownnufc3

1 hour ago, STM said:

I think he will leave, I think he will ask to leave.

He knows he's no longer top dog. The Wilson I know will want to be.

I'd be very surprised to see him here next year.

Eddie may have other plans:

After the match, head coach Eddie Howe warned: “Write him off at your peril for sure because he comes back time and time again. 

“He's a very motivated player and wants to do his very best at every moment. I've managed him for a very long time now and mentality wise I wouldn't swap him. He's a monster, he's got a focus and when he's got a goal he'll go for it.”

Wilson has just over a year remaining on his contract at Newcastle and has been linked with a move away from the club. 

But Howe made his feelings very clear on the situation. 

“Of course, I want him at the club next season, I'll do everything I can to make that happen.” 

:howe:

Posted (edited)

As long as we get Europe, we need 3 strikers. You would fancy us to get to group stage of Europa or Conference. Will be plenty of games. We need to keep him and sign another striker imo.

Edited by samptime29

It’s like a cycle a few times a season. He’s fit and scores and people say don’t sell, then he inevitably gets another injury and people say sell him. This summer represents the last chance to get some money for him. He should be sold imo.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s like a cycle a few times a season. He’s fit and scores and people say don’t sell, then he inevitably gets another injury and people say sell him. This summer represents the last chance to get some money for him. He should be sold imo.

Totally agree.