Callum Wilson

Strawberry

11 minutes ago, TRC said:

Everyone getting excited about Wilson going until we spend 35m on DCL

He’s not too far off prime Drogba according to some on here by the sounds of it :lol: Seriously though no thanks imo! 

As things stand, striker Callum Wilson looks set to stay at the club which has ended Newcastle’s interest in Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

From Edward’s article on Gordon.

Edited by GeordieT

When will people stop taking Edwards' word as gospel?

Not only has he covered all bases in one statement, he still regularly churns out nonsense. He might not be as odious as he used to be, but he's still as scatter gun as they come.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Not only has he covered all bases in one statement, he still regularly churns out nonsense. He might not be as odious as he used to be, but he's still as scatter gun as they come.

There's a lot on here that get off on the bad stuff and run down the good, genuinely incredible 

1 minute ago, aussiemag said:

I don’t mind Wilson staying for another year. I don’t think we can attract better than him as a backup striker with no Europe. 

Attract anyone who‘s fit and we have upgraded.

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Must've missed him becoming less odious

Just now, aussiemag said:

I don’t mind Wilson staying for another year. I don’t think we can attract better than him as a backup striker with no Europe. 

It's not a disaster by any means. While we really need a striker who doesn't have injury issues and can be available for most of the season, it will cost a bomb to find one that isn't already being chased by cartel clubs assuming he's top quality. Personally still think he's leaving.

2 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Im not entirely against it either but we need another option either a young striker or RW who can play there. 

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Im not entirely against it either but we need another option either a young striker or RW who can play there. 

I think that's what we'll be looking for, someone who can play RW or striker at a push.

I do think Gordon can do a job as 3rd choice striker when needed. With Barnes then on LW. Gordon's lightning with great movement and has a poacher's instincts to get into dangerous positions.

Barnes' injury last year kind of put paid to that when we really needed it.

Edited by Checko

Just now, Checko said:

I do think Gordon can do a job as 3rd choice striker when needed. With Barnes then on LW. Gordon's lightning with great movement and has a poachers instincts to get into dangerous potitions.

Barnes' injury last year kind of put paid to that when we really needed it.

Thought Gordon looked absolutely atrocious at striker last season tbf

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think that's what we'll be looking for, someone who can play RW or striker at a push.

Ideal scenario is a CM who can play RW and a RW who can play CF - then see if we can get a 3rd choice striker in 

7 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Thought Gordon looked absolutely atrocious at striker last season tbf

In fairness, the only games he got to play there was when we where decimated with injuries. He never played there with a full team behind him.

27 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

The problem with that is that we go in to next summer with £0 towards a new striker, where as if he goes now then potentially we £15m+ towards one.

Unless the plan is to plan is to pick up DCL on a free, but if his demands were too

much this season then they are likely to go up when out of contract.

I'd rather he just goes at this point. Without any European competition I think the (£10M/12M) we'd get for him would be best used this summer rather than him playing his customary 15 games and then going for free. 

Time to sell was probably last summer coming off his good scoring season. Was always going to be 2nd choice to Isak moving forward and then ofcourse the injury issues,which reared their head once again. 

He might still perform in the odd game here and there if we keep him but I'd rather we banked as much as we could from a sale and got a fit, healthy, understudy for Isak.

Edited by alexf