West Ham United 0-2 Newcastle United - 12/09/20

Greg

Shout out to Manquillo too. Solid as owt and doesn’t crap himself in the final third.

He's actually better than he thinks he is.

The full-back Dummett should be on the other side. He’s hardly Cafu but he defends well and isn’t afraid of the ball.

Agree, but I actually think he's not a bad footballer, he makes great runs, if he had a bit more of an attacking instinct about him he would get the crosses in a bit earlier sometimes instead of slowing down and holding the ball up.

Shout out to Manquillo too. Solid as owt and doesn’t crap himself in the final third.

He's actually better than he thinks he is.

Unlike you to be wrong.

Check the Manquillo thread then, I wasn't slagging him off when all those who were right were calling him all sorts of shit.

He's improved under Bruce, weird but it's clear enough.

He’s been this good since the last 1/3 of the second Benitez season.

This. I certainly wouldn't mind dumping krafth and yedlin and getting a complimentary, pacey equivalent of Lewis for the right but the RB slot is and should have been Manquillos from the start of last season and through this. No more shoving him to LB to fill in, hopefully.

To point out a negative today, thought Joelinton looked poor when he came on. His positioning is terrible not just when we have the ball but when we don’t. There was a bit where we could have won the balk which might have led to a counter attack but he didn’t block the passing lane either through lack of effort or awareness. I’m not sure which. Nothing new I know, but i was hoping we might see something from him in a different position.