West Ham United 0-2 Newcastle United - 12/09/20

Greg

Didn't watch game but sounds like we played well but helped by a dreadful West ham.  That fair?

Dreadful is being nice. To put it into perspective - we ended up with 42% possession. Away from home. :lol:

That said we did look livelier than I remember last season. But still; woof.

Didn't watch game but sounds like we played well but helped by a dreadful West ham.  That fair?

We were definitely deserving of the win, two shaky moments first half, but had the better run of the play for the most part and West Ham were never threatening the last 30min.

Yup :thup: they managed to hit the bar twice which I completely forgot about :lol: they were awful going forward and we took our chances when they came.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54038554

Wilson prodded in Andy Carroll's flick-on to open the scoring

Wilson's goal was a result of his opportunism after Carroll had got across the near post to flick on Javier Manquillo's cross

All the unshaven, long haired guys look the same.

They even have a photo of the goal and Carroll is in the background.

west ham forum quote.

Suddenly Carroll can now manage full games it could only happen to us

Looked twice as fit as he did with us...funny that.

Glad he found it so funny tonight after rinsing us for millions.

Priceless.

To which the only response is “We’re as surprised as you are.” Four starts, last season...

A great result and performance. Dunno how much was due to the fecklessness of our opponents, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

Callum Wilson was lively. When I looked around for some verdicts when we signed him, I found a Statsbomb article comparing him to Jermain Defoe by the Spurs fan on there. Wilson is four inches taller but apparently no heavier, and yesterday certainly played like a pacy moocher who shoots a lot and makes positive runs. In the right setup, Defoe was an effective goalscorer even in his 30s after racking up injuries.

Only 42% possession in the end, but a world apart from our games last season. Some good passages of play from us and an easily deserved win.

To point out a negative today, thought Joelinton looked poor when he came on. His positioning is terrible not just when we have the ball but when we don’t. There was a bit where we could have won the balk which might have led to a counter attack but he didn’t block the passing lane either through lack of effort or awareness. I’m not sure which. Nothing new I know, but i was hoping we might see something from him in a different position.

oddly i thought he looked considerably more comfortable on the ball than last season, his touch looked better and he looked like he might actually be able to do something with the ball for a change

more brazilian almost

Moyes just doesnt know what to do with someone who likes to play football.

How players like Anderson, Yarmalenko and Lanzini arent getting a game is ridiculous. Imagine facing that front 3 yesterday?

Happy with the debutants. “You can only beat what’s in front of you” analogy etc but not sure whu are a premiership yardstick with Moyes at the helm for now.

He will be sacked within weeks.

They should be after Howe.

Moyes just doesnt know what to do with someone who likes to play football.

How players like Anderson, Yarmalenko and Lanzini arent getting a game is ridiculous. Imagine facing that front 3 yesterday?

I had the great misfortune of listening to Don Hutchison and his mate Joe Somebody, and they were praising Moyes for picking the likes of Noble, Fornals and Bowen ahead of those listed above, because they're inconsistent and can't be relied on. Mind-boggling punditry

Not sure, Howe isn’t used to overpaid mercenaries who don’t really want to be at the club. Difficult man management job.

The lift alone will steer them away from trouble. Then he can sign players he likes.

No brainer from a chairman point of view. Not sure Howe would be keen.

Not sure, Howe isn’t used to overpaid mercenaries who don’t really want to be at the club. Difficult man management job.

Howe would be a disaster. They need the exact opposite of Moyes, some who is a presence, can lead and motivate the players. Howe doesn’t have enough of that, and really needs time.

Hope the go for pardew  :lol:

Howe would be a disaster. They need the exact opposite of Moyes, some who is a presence, can lead and motivate the players. Howe doesn’t have enough of that, and really needs time.

Hope the go for pardew  :lol:

I was just thinking about something similar.

People seem to believe Moyes has a presence, when in reality his only success was when he was a nobody at Everton.