West Ham United 0-2 Newcastle United - 12/09/20

Greg

Shout out to Lascelles and Fernandez.

Strong dominant performances at centre back.

Fernandez was an incredible pick up by Rafa. Rarely lets us down

Been a fantastic defender from day one, definitely one of my favourite players. Don't know how he wasn't rated higher when he was at Swansea.

Yay. We won. We played 442 and pumped it long to a big number 9 for 80 minutes, but, yay. Cant wait for more.

Come on, we didn't just do that. We did go direct at times but that's just nonsense.

:lol: There was an awful lot more than I'd like to be fucking seeing. Because if we rely so much on that as a tactic, we're relying on playing with Andy Carroll. We dont have another player that can fill that roll. That's what I'm most concerned about. Not really an inspiring thought going forward.

Maybe it's the first game and that's what we had ready. Maybe we're working on more and there's different things to come. But if he's going with this tactic all season, it's a little worrying.

We had some good performances from players and it was good to see effort and some quality from individuals. But the setup is at best average. There's so much more that could be done with those players.

I get your point, if we try this without our injury prone big forward it won't work.

Not trying to give Bruce any kind of tactical acumen, but maybe we set up this way as we were away, and it was West Ham, we might set different against others...time will tell i guess.

Yeah maybe. And if so that's good. My opinion on this game would stay the same. I get why Fraser is unlikely to be fit. Almiron looked fit though and crow-barring 3 CMs in to a midfield 4 might work away to West Ham in the first game but you'll get what's coming to you. We didnt need plan B tonight. I'm just sceptical that we have one.

Aye, that would be the worry. With more depth we might just have a plan B, not getting my hopes up mind.

Shout out to Lascelles and Fernandez.

Strong dominant performances at centre back.

Fernandez was an incredible pick up by Rafa. Rarely lets us down

Been a fantastic defender from day one, definitely one of my favourite players. Don't know how he wasn't rated higher when he was at Swansea.

I thought that at well, defended incredibly every time something came in the box, they threw their body in to make sure we didn’t concede.