Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

I don't disagree that Wolves were happy with a draw but you were playing against pretty much their reserve team and could barely create a chance.

Draw would have been the fair result imo

Reserve team. :lol: Missing what, two/three starters? We also rested Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Martial and Lindelof was injured.

Golden chances from Bruno and Martial both of which should have been buried.

Draw a fair result if you think parking the bus warrants a result. I personally don't.

Embarrassing to mention that then, given that they were either headers right at the keeper or shots from outside the box, right at the keeper. Best chances by far were ours. Not even sure you could say Wolves had a chance.

Either way. 3 points.

Don't have any other stats to provide more context but thought it was interesting that was the latest winning goal for Man Utd at Old Trafford for 11 years. Maybe don't score as many late goals as made out.

Generally speaking this just again demonstrates what a poor league it is so far. Can play shite for large parts of a lot of games and be a couple of points off top.

Was just looking to see how Ryan Gauld is doing these days. 25 now but seems to have found his ‘home’ at Farense. 4 goals & 4 assists in first 11 games in Portuguese top flight.

Don't have any other stats to provide more context but thought it was interesting that was the latest winning goal for Man Utd at Old Trafford for 11 years. Maybe don't score as many late goals as made out.

Generally speaking this just again demonstrates what a poor league it is so far. Can play shite for large parts of a lot of games and be a couple of points off top.

A tad harsh that at the same time. :lol: Since we lost to Arsenal two months ago we've went unbeaten and picked up 23 points from 27 available. Played 9, won 7 and scored 22 goals. We have started some games poorly but have come into them and blew the opposition away with fantastic attacking play.

I think people have been spoiled because of just how good Liverpool and City have been the last couple of years. Liverpool are sitting top of the table after 15 games having won 9, drawn 5 and losing only once. That's not poor at all IMO.

Leeds fans are going wild in the replies like.  :lol:

Tbf I think the break probably helped Leeds a bit last season, but I still think they would've got promoted if Covid didn't happen.

100% agree, Leeds were playing well but their squad was wafer thin.

I’m going to be that person on this issue. Is the reaction to the Leeds tweet particularly outrageous because it’s a female pundit? And if that is the case should female pundits be given more protection so to speak given the difficulty in establishing a female voice in the male game?

It’s a particularly stupid statement mind but nothing that isn’t eclipsed by Merson and that lot every weekend.

A tad harsh that at the same time. :lol: Since we lost to Arsenal two months ago we've went unbeaten and picked up 23 points from 27 available. Played 9, won 7 and scored 22 goals. We have started some games poorly but have come into them and blew the opposition away with fantastic attacking play.

I think people have been spoiled because of just how good Liverpool and City have been the last couple of years. Liverpool are sitting top of the table after 15 games having won 9, drawn 5 and losing only once. That's not poor at all IMO.

Not specifically talking about yous. We've been shite for a lot of games this season and are 3pts off top. :lol: just think it's been a poor standard generally this season, perhaps understandably.

Mistake putting her up to be slated like.

The 'punditry' is Garth Crooks level of stupidity mind.

She worded it poorly with the "promoted because of Covid" but there is logic to her point.

The 18/19 season: last 9 games, 3 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses = 10 points

19/20 season: last 9 games (after lockdown), 7 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss = 22 points

Again, I still think Leeds would've been promoted, but it's a dash naive to think the lockdown didn't help a high energy, high pressing football team.

She worded it poorly with the "promoted because of Covid" but there is logic to her point.

Again, I still think Leeds would've been promoted, but it's a dash naive to think the lockdown didn't help a high energy, high pressing football team.

Think it was pointed out that distance covered actually improved for Leeds in those last 9 games in 18/19.

Think it was pointed out that distance covered actually improved for Leeds in those last 9 games in 18/19.

Quality of running and pressing is important though. Inefficient running and pressure can create space for counter attacking, and that's a place you can defo hurt Leeds tbf.

Again, she worded it poorly, but a bit shocked how most are just dismissing her point like.

Might well have but they can still be extremely mentally fatigued and making poor decisions based on body tiredness while still covering a shit load of ground.

Yep, good point.