Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Jesus you're like some sad cult when it comes to hating Man United. :lol:

Never said Bruno is better than De Bruyne, just said since he has come into the league he has been better, which he has.

Tbh this is 100% true, De Bruyne has been pretty turd/ really fatigued for the most part of this year.

Bruno has clearly been better than De Bruyne since he joined the Premier League, I don't get why that's up for debate.  :lol:

It isn't. I really don't get their angle.

Personally don't think peak KDB has been matched in the PL. Bruno is on his way at the moment though. Still a few seasons of this sort of standard before that is talked about though.

Bruno has clearly been better than De Bruyne since he joined the Premier League, I don't get why that's up for debate.  :lol:

It isn't. I really don't get their angle.

Personally don't think peak KDB has been matched in the PL. Bruno is on his way at the moment though. Still a few seasons of this sort of standard before that is talked about though.

Peak KDB was unreal. Bruno has been fantastic since he joined. Obviously the key now is consistency over next few seasons. I wouldn't rule out KDB picking up his form again soon tho.

Bruno Fernandes literally transformed the team from mid table to as good as anybody bar Liverpool. De Bruyne has probably had his worst period at Man City during this time. If this wasn't Froggy saying it nobody would bat an eyelid

Bruno Fernandes literally transformed the team from mid table to as good as anybody bar Liverpool. De Bruyne has probably had his worst period at Man City during this time. If this wasn't Froggy saying it nobody would bat an eyelid

I think if anyone said Fernandes was the best midfielder in the league a lot would say de Bruyne is better

I think if anyone said Fernandes was the best midfielder in the league a lot would say de Bruyne is better

In general yes but not within the timeframe of since Fernandes arrived I would think.

It's like who was the best player in 2019/20? Lewandowski without a doubt. Who is the best player in the world? Messi IMO

How come de Bruyne has been chosen in the FIFA XI of the year

Current PFA Player of the Year.

Anyhoo, Adam Johnson just got erect watching Dortmund as some kid has scored. 

Current PFA Player of the Year because he was the best player in the league last year. Same with the FIFA 11. It doesn't factor in this season at all. Hence it being heavily dominated by Bayern and Liverpool players. Fernandes only had 14 apps last season. In those 14 apps, he outscored, out assisted and outperformed De Bruyne, and Man United have more points than any other team since his debut. And if you're wanting to use awards as a basis, Fernandes has 6 MOTM awards in that period, the most of any player. He has 3 PL Player of the Month awards in the last 6 months, also a record. Also the most of anyone in that period.

In general yes but not within the timeframe of since Fernandes arrived I would think.

It's like who was the best player in 2019/20? Lewandowski without a doubt. Who is the best player in the world? Messi IMO

:thup:

A very, very simple concept that people are looking very silly over.

Is De Bruyne better than Fernandes? Probably. Has he been better since Fernandes' debut? No. Is that a bad thing to say? Of course not, Bruno has been absolutely ridiculous with numbers that likely won't be sustained, but he still hit those numbers, and he's been the best in the league since his arrival.

Also, on this. We've won more points than Liverpool since he's arrived. It's actually another example of the point I'm trying to make. Since Bruno has arrived we've been better than Liverpool. Are we better than Liverpool though? Of course not.

Also, on this. We've won more points than Liverpool since he's arrived. It's actually another example of the point I'm trying to make. Since Bruno has arrived we've been better than Liverpool. Are we better than Liverpool though? Of course not.

You've convinced me. And he'll probably win the Europa League for you guys this season as well.

Again, that's just this season. Let's just forget Brunos 14 games last year.

Me: "Since Brunos debut he's been better Bruyne."

You: "Well actually it's very close if you look at just this season and just ignore the larger portion of data you mentioned from last year."

Jesus fuck man.

From a SkySports article today:

“against the big sides, it is not yet proving enough - from four games against Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester City this season, United have only accrued two points, and scored just one goal.

United have just three points more than they did after 12 games in 2018/19, only weeks before Mourinho was sacked to signal Solskjaer's arrival, and though United have only picked up more points to date in two of the seven previous seasons post-Fergie, they are only marginally ahead of where David Moyes sat in the early days of his short Old Trafford career at this juncture.“

The Man Utd ‘stars’ seem to be able to pull a performance out against lower opposition, but the stats say OGS is hardly any better than his run out of town predecessors. The only fact he’s still there, given his poor recruitment and complete inconsistency is because of supporters judging him with their red-tinted glasses on.