Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Just now, TRon said:

They aren't showing the replay but it looked both late and from behind. I know he wasn't trying to cripple the lad but it was so unnecessary.

Eh? From my point of view, they were both running in line, the Leeds player cleanly won the ball and there was an unfortunately landing/tangle of legs afterwards.

Not sure why Sky are saying the ref was always going to send him off, he didn’t even blow for a foul until he saw Salah’s reaction/the injury.

Just now, TRon said:

They aren't showing the replay but it looked both late and from behind. I know he wasn't trying to cripple the lad but it was so unnecessary.

You know everytime I watch football I am often dissapointed in how carelessly players tackle. Tackling is increasingly a lost art.

He had not chance of winning the ballf rom the position he was in, as Elliott had just shifted th eball ahead of him, and he's gone in from a really awkward position.

He was probably trying to give a cheap foul to stop the break, but in those kind of instances just grab the guys shirt or something.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Even worse, the ref saw the initial challenge and played on :lol:

Which is what makes a mockery of VAR. Sky are saying they’ve been told the ref was always going to send him off and the VAR review was only to make sure it was the correct decision.

Fucking liars. The play goes on until Salah makes the seriousness clear.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Eh? From my point of view, they were both running in line, the Leeds player cleanly won the ball and there was an unfortunately landing/tangle of legs afterwards.

Not sure why Sky are saying the ref was always going to send him off, he didn’t even blow for a foul until he saw Salah’s reaction/the injury.

Did he definitely win the ball cleanly then? Only saw it in live action. Looked a bit of an awkward and clumsy challenge.

Should have just been a yellow though at most. but the ref definitely reacted to the situation, which was a bit strange.

Edited by KaKa

Guest neesy111

Football's played at a ridiculous pace, less time to make right decision and more energy of 2 objects colliding.  Either make it a non contact sport or create better rules.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Did he definitely win the ball cleanly then? Only saw it in live action. Looked a bit of an awkward and clumsy challenge.

Should have just been a yellow though at most. but the ref definitely reacted to the situation, which was a bit strange.

I thought so. But like you I haven’t seen it again. In real time I actually thought it was a  great tackle.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Football's played at a ridiculous pace, less time to make right decision and more energy of 2 objects colliding.  Either make it a non contact sport or create better rules.

Or just create a cartel and rig the competition so people lose interest in the thing completely!

14 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Exact same as the Son/Gomes one the other year. Ref just gave the red cos of the injury. Klopp acting the cunt and booting off about it on the touchline is the least surprising thing ever.

That was the one I thought of as well. Got rescinded iirc, think that one will too.

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think they said in commentary that there's 10 players who have played for Leeds and Liverpool in the PL

Can we name them? (I don't have the answers fwiw)

Kewell
Rush

Fowler

Matteo

Milner

Carson

and struggling.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Think they said in commentary that there's 10 players who have played for Leeds and Liverpool in the PL

Can we name them? (I don't have the answers fwiw)

Fowler

Kewell

Matteo

McAllister

Keane

Diouf

Pennant

Edited by CFlan