Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

On 02/09/2021 at 22:24, Kaizero said:

Martin Ødegaard should not be starting for Norway let alone be the fucking captain, it's a shambles and I just had to post this opinion somewhere :lol: 

Note that Ødegaard is absolutely a good enough player to start for Norway, just that there is no room for his style in our starting eleven as we can't hold the ball enough to need a playmaker in the centre. We need someone that can run box to box and pressure opponents and kick the ball quickly to Haaland.

I think it's more tragic that we can't implement a system to get the best out of him and Haaland with the players we have available.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sad seeing the Ireland team like that. Always had a smattering of top level players or at least good mid-table Premier League players. Don’t recognise the majority of those names anymore.

The appointment of Kenny has been a disaster, but could anyone come in and make that much of a difference with this group of players? You'd think not. 

44 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Doubt it, the players aren’t there anymore. Best players are the likes of Duffy, Doherty & Hendrick.

Bazunu looks like he could be a really world class keeper. Keeping us in this. Have a lot of other kids who are expected to be good enough for this level without playing many senior games and it's not working but hopefully they can improve

Seem to have loads of centre halves coming through

Edited by triggs

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Mad that the scorer is a striker for Hednesford who play in the Southern League Premier Division Central :lol: 

They’re playing tonight.

If I were a non league part timer I'd definitely be crawling the family tree for a tenuous connection to some obscure country.