Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

7 hours ago, Wullie said:

If I were a non league part timer I'd definitely be crawling the family tree for a tenuous connection to some obscure country.

Was trying to find out some info on Keith Fletcher who played for Gateshead & Grenada (partnered Jason Roberts up front in a WC Qualifier) and found this forum where a Gateshead fan is trying to track him…and succeeds. 

https://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=25687.0

17 hours ago, Wullie said:

If I were a non league part timer I'd definitely be crawling the family tree for a tenuous connection to some obscure country.

Does Cayman Islands Count?

EDIT.....Awesome it does, and it seems that beyond having a relative,  having two legs is the only requirement

Edited by gjohnson
amusement

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Zaha is so overly sensitive man. Never seen a player take a tackle so personally. You'd think he was the only skill player that gets kicked. Ridiculous guy.

There's a reason he's still at crystal palace.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, I think mentally he's just not strong enough.

I just see how much Messi is kicked and have you ever seen him kick off?  Ofcourse he's annoyed but you're right that zaha makes it a huge event.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Zaha is so overly sensitive man. Never seen a player take a tackle so personally. You'd think he was the only skill player that gets kicked. Ridiculous guy.

I agree with the sentiment about Zaha, but that was very poor and rash from Tanganga. Guy spent the last few minutes playing like an area boy and fully deserved his red. Was not a normal challenge at all.

Edited by Segun Oluwaniyi

Just now, neesy111 said:

I just see how much Messi is kicked and have you ever seen him kick off?  Ofcourse he's annoyed but you're right that zaha makes it a huge event.

Yup, same with Ronaldo. Very occasionally they might kick off, but never to the extent you see Zaha do it every single game.

As a top player that runs at people and is skilful and tricky it just comes with the territory. No idea why he's always so surprised by it. 

1 minute ago, Segun Oluwaniyi said:

I agree with the sentiment about Zaha, but that was very poor and rash from Tanganga. Guy spent the last few minutes playing like an area boy and fully deserved his red.

Tanganga is a certified ruffian on the pitch. Very very aggressive strong defender, but it's never really malicious. I like his game and potential, just needs to drop it down a notch for sure. 

I am very very impressed by the work Viera has done so far. Palace look miles better than us already.

If Edouard comes in scoring goals at anywhere near the same rate as he did at Celtic this team could be solid.

Edited by KaKa

18 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I am very very impressed by the work Viera has done so far. Palace look miles better than us already.

If Edouard comes in scoring goals at anywhere near the same rate as he did at Celtic this team could be solid.

I think that's one more team we can cross of the relegation dog fight.