Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Scouse mackems man. :lol:You're talking about a club that's never been relegated from the top division and has won trophies and played in Europe countless times over the years. We wouldn't even be Everton in that comparison let alone the Mackems. 

It’s one of the weirdest phrases I’ve heard from football fans. 

Like every other team they will have their toxic members of their fanbase, but they can’t just be blamed for the fact their manager is having a stinker. 

6 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Scouse mackems man. :lol:You're talking about a club that was last relegated from the top division in 1951 and has won trophies and played in Europe countless times over the years. We wouldn't even be Everton in that comparison let alone the Mackems. :lol:

Its not the clubs that are being referred to but the fans.

PSG are unbelievably terrible. It is an achievement to have this group of players and play this poorly. It is a shame they are winning Ligue 1 in such easy fashion; a statement to the quality of the sides below them rather than any credit to them. Messi is genuinely horrendous, and the side looks no better than the one from last season. The football they are playing is actually worse. There is more quality to bail them out of the consistently underwhelming league performances, but they will perform worse in the Champions League without some serious change. Nice are another side that frankly deserved to defeat them. 

(*Everton fans) currently calling for the board to be sacked. The board that's spent half a billion pounds in five years.

Reminds me of us wanting Ashley and McKeag out except for the ambition, half a billion pounds and not getting relegated.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Currently calling for the board to be sacked. The board that's spent half a billion pounds in five years.

Reminds me of us wanting Ashley and McKeag out except for the ambition, half a billion pounds and not getting relegated.

Thought you meant psg for a minute there. Was well confused

5 minutes ago, toon25 said:

I refer to them as such largely due to a deluded, self-entitled, fanbase as opposed to any vague comparison with either us or the Mackems in a competitive sense. 

Nah. We all hate it when there are stupid stereotypes about us being deluded so doing likewise about other fans is silly. 

2 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Nah. We all hate it when there are stupid stereotypes about us being deluded so doing likewise about other fans is silly. 

That's exactly why were doing it. Would just as soon them accept this is what football fans do but its the double standards that are being pointed out

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Its not the clubs that are being referred to but the fans.

I get that like, just don't see it considering their history. Case in point, my grandad was a Scouser who lived in Bootle. Some of his kids from his first marriage support Liverpool some support Everton. No difference in passion or bitterness or whatever, just fans like most of us are. 

I say this all the time but you'd think our fans would know better than most not to tarnish a fanbase with the brush of its minority of melts. We're happy to whinge when it's us being misrepresented but we never apply the same logic to other club's fans like :lol:

Just now, kisearch said:

I get that like, just don't see it considering their history. Case in point, my grandad was a Scouser who lived in Bootle. Some of his kids from his first marriage support Liverpool some support Everton. No difference in passion or bitterness or whatever, just fans like most of us are. 

I say this all the time but you'd think our fans would know better than most not to tarnish a fanbase with the brush of its minority of melts. We're happy to whinge when it's us being misrepresented but we never apply the same logic to other club's fans like :lol:

Mag.

15 hours ago, St. Maximin said:

It was always strange that Everton fans were so persistently whiney at games though. They just were.

Went off Everton a bit after it seemed like they suddenly had a massive hatred of us. I noticed it all over Twitter when Allardyce was there. Really don’t get why?! 

As for their fans and stereotypes. I do kind of get why they might be a bit more bitter and impatient compared to your average fan base. Imagine playing across the park from your rivals who have been miles ahead of you for years and years and who you rarely seem to beat. It does seem like their ground gets toxic quite quickly, but you could say that about SJP, at times and can’t say I’ve measured it in comparison to other grounds. 

The away end at Brentford was mental, mind. Been in similar’ish situations. I’d say the closest to that at a game was Wigan away on Boxing Day under Allardyce. But that was still nowhere near as aggressive and extreme.