Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Just now, midds said:

On what grounds did Atkinson even blow his whistle? Other than 'oh fuck, have I missed something here? Keepers down better blow just in case"

I think he even blew the whistle after the ball crossed the line. Otherwise it might have had a chance of being pulled back on the grounds of De Gea somehow not reacting because play was stopped.

It's a goal. No arguing against it. De Gea is an absolute fanny and went down thinking it was an opposition player and knew he'd get a free if it was. Fully deserved it.

Arsenal shouldn't have given a goal back. They didn't do anything wrong.

At the same time, Arteta fist pumping and celebrating the goal in front of Carrick is embarrassing as fuck and Arsenal all over.

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

And next week whenever a team is under pressure, a goalkeeper will throw himself to the floor.

Maybe Man Utd should’ve, you know… blocked or stopped the shot.

What and bank on the opposition believing them to the point of deliberately scoring an own goal? Aye right :lol: Flawless logic.

Edited by kisearch

1 minute ago, midds said:

On what grounds did Atkinson even blow his whistle? Other than 'oh fuck, have I missed something here? Keepers down better blow just in case"

I actually think he did well here.

I think he thought it might have been a foul, but did the right thing and blew after the goal had been scored. That’s why when he went to blow his whistle before the shot was struck, he stopped himself.

He then asked VAR to check if it was an Arsenal or Man Utd player who floored the keeper. If it was an Arsenal player, would’ve been disallowed.

Ref should have blown his whistle. Nobody would have protested and he could see De Gea was on the deck. He ended up putting himself in a position where the goal had to be given.

Complete shithousery by Arsenal not giving the goal back. They’ve got form for this, just ask Sheff U. Fortunately Wenger put that right.

Just now, Froggy said:

It's a goal. No arguing against it. De Gea is an absolute fanny and went down thinking it was an opposition player and knew he'd get a free if it was. Fully deserved it.

Arsenal shouldn't have given a goal back. They didn't do anything wrong.

At the same time, Arteta fist pumping and celebrating the goal in front of Carrick is embarrassing as fuck and Arsenal all over.

Agree with the fist pumping, but where else should he celebrate the goal?

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

If a defender pulls up when chasing an attacker and the attacker scores, should that be pulled back or "corrrected" in the interest of fairness? Or when a goalkeeper gets floored by their own defender in a desperate attempt to stop an attacker from scoring? Where would it end? Man Utd had a player injure another of their players. Arsenal are under no moral obligation to do them a favour. It's a completely normal part of the game.

Those are nowhere near like for like comparisons. :lol:

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Ref should have blown his whistle. Nobody would have protested and he could see De Gea was on the deck. He ended up putting himself in a position where the goal had to be given.

Complete shithousery by Arsenal not giving the goal back. They’ve got form for this, just ask Sheff U. Fortunately Wenger put that right.

Wut

Just now, Tsunami said:

As I said further up the thread Disallow that goal and you'll end up watching players foul their own keepers during corners and free kicks every single week.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

To give Arsenal a wee bit of credit there, if I remember rightly, Steve Bruce was in charge of Sheffield United at the time so it's understandable and justifiable shithousery. 

Nowt wrong with that goal. De Gea going down like he’s had his foot blown off by a landmine.

Someone treading on your foot does not result in you collapsing and rolling about on the floor like that. Embarrassing from him.  

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Is Partay always mega-wank? 

Arsenal pretty impressive other than him. Good shape. 

I always rated him. Been hit and miss and also injured a bit for them, I think. Was class against us, although that’s not saying much against our midfield. 

He’s currently giving Fred a run for his money. What’s the count on the amount of times they’ve given it away? 6-6?! :lol: