Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Just now, Ben said:

Do you think Ole is the best manager Man U could possible hire right now ? 

How do you quantify "best"? I think there are a lot of "better" managers than Ole in the world, as well as managers with tons more heavy honors to their name they could appoint. Do I think any of them suit Man Utd better at the moment? Not really.

Do I believe there are better managers than Rafa out there? Yes. I still want Rafa, he suits NUFC to a tee.

Just now, Kaizero said:

How do you quantify "best"? I think there are a lot of "better" managers than Ole in the world, as well as managers with tons more heavy honors to their name they could appoint. Do I think any of them suit Man Utd better at the moment? Not really.

Do I believe there are better managers than Rafa out there? Yes. I still want Rafa, he suits NUFC to a tee.

Fair do's

Not getting the hate for OGS, more so by their own fans.

They've just had a very decent season, especially how they finished it. People like Pogba looking interested again.

The post Ferguson hangover was always going to be brutal for them and they slipped to be an almost unrecognisable side to what they were. It’s a long way back from that.. managers with better cv’s on paper couldn’t do it (LVG, Jose) but OGS has done well imo.. they need season on season improvements to be real challengers again. It’s small increments at this point. 2/3 good signings.

The supporters are the issue here, feel absolutely entitled to be winning silverware with absolutely no cop on that they had a once in a century institution in Ferguson, who didn’t have to deal with a league that was as competitive in the early 90’s, he had time to build that up that they aren’t prepared to give to anyone else.

As I've expressed, I feel logically Man United could do a lot better. That's just my opinion, but I'm not claiming it's a fact and calling anyone who disagrees an idiot.

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

We should get Jose in. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not getting the hate for OGS, more so by their own fans.

They've just had a very decent season, especially how they finished it. People like Pogba looking interested again.

The post Ferguson hangover was always going to be brutal for them and they slipped to be an almost unrecognisable side to what they were. It’s a long way back from that.. managers with better cv’s on paper couldn’t do it (LVG, Jose) but OGS has done well imo.. they need season on season improvements to be real challengers again. It’s small increments at this point. 2/3 good signings.

The supporters are the issue here, feel absolutely entitled to be winning silverware with absolutely no cop on that they had a once in a century institution in Ferguson, who didn’t have to deal with a league that was as competitive in the early 90’s, he had time to build that up that they aren’t prepared to give to anyone else.

I feel like it's our supporters who aren't entitled. The vast majority want Ole in. It's opposition fans who make a mockery of him and say we should get a better manager. 

We are trying to build something special with a club legend who understands the club inside and out. It may not work, but he is getting the time he deserved and he is improving. If Ole is still in a job this time next year, we will have had a trophy winning season, or at least ran the league winners to the absolute wire. 

Edited by Froggy

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

As I've expressed, I feel logically Man United could do a lot better. That's just my opinion, but I'm not claiming it's a fact and calling anyone who disagrees an idiot.

You're not explaining the logic though. If you had just said it's opinion, sure. That's why I'm discussing this in the first place, to showcase that it is opinion and not the facts of the matter. I've utilized stats and circumstances to back up my point. I don't say I know for sure there's no manager out there that wouldn't do better, I'm just saying the critique aimed at OGS is absolute overkill given the actual situation.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I feel like it's our supporters who aren't entitled. The vast majority want Ole in. It's opposition fans who make a mockery of him and say we should get a better manager. 

We a

I’ve seen plenty of Man Utd supporters bitch and moan about him, especially the day after the Europa final. Couldn’t believe what I was seeing to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’ve seen plenty of Man Utd supporters bitch and moan about him, especially the day after the Europa final. Couldn’t believe what I was seeing to be honest.

There are a lot of Man Utd fans. You will see plenty of morons. I know a Newcastle Utd fan who thinks Bruce is doing a good job. 

Trust me, the vast majority want Ole in, and would be absolutely overjoyed if he were to be a trophy winning manager of the club. His legendary status won't stop him coming under fire if it all goes to shit though. We're getting closer, and won't let the progress grind to a halt. 

Edited by Froggy

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

There are a lot of Man Utd fans. You will see plenty of morons. I know a Newcastle Utd fan who thinks Bruce is doing a good job. 

Trust me, the vast majority want Ole in, and would be absolutely overjoyed if he were to be a trophy winning manager of the club. His legendary status won't stop him coming under fire if it all goes to shit though. We're getting closer, and won't let the progress grind to a halt. 

I've seen them too!

Side topic question, how did you end up being a regular poster on this board? 😂

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

A deciding moment would be, should it come to it, who you appoint after OGS. You'd need someone who could build on the feelgood factor he's added to the club and the general Sir Alex-ness of the day-to-day. Who'd you go for, and who do you think the board would go for? Just go with anyone as who knows who might be available next year or so on.

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

I've seen them too!

Side topic question, how did you end up being a regular poster on this board? 😂

@Deckyis a good friend of mine. Told me how good the forum was, the chat and game section in particular. Signed up. 

11 years later... 

Just now, Kaizero said:

A deciding moment would be, should it come to it, who you appoint after OGS. You'd need someone who could build on the feelgood factor he's added to the club and the general Sir Alex-ness of the day-to-day. Who'd you go for, and who do you think the board would go for? Just go with anyone as who knows who might be available next year or so on.

This is a large point you've been trying to make with others. The only person I think would keep that feeling around the club is Klopp. That obviously isn't going to happen. If it isn't working out with Ole we need to take our time and appoint the right manager. Another poor appointment like Mourinho would be disastrous. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

This is a large point you've been trying to make with others. The only person I think would keep that feeling around the club is Klopp. That obviously isn't going to happen. If it isn't working out with Ole we need to take our time and appoint the right manager. Another poor appointment like Mourinho would be disastrous. 

Understandable, and it's also what I think people fail to understand. That OGS just fits Man Utd at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: Surely this amount of discussion on a sole individual within football warrants their own thread? It would be mint cos there'd be loads of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer shit crack I wouldnt be reading in a thread Id never click on.

Agreed, two mins. #nobeef

25 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If Solskjaer gets the backing, for that he needs at least 2 top players then I can see them having a good season and easily finishing top 3, maybe even get closer to 1st

That's sort of my point with Ole  he won't go out and demand two players, he's probably OK with Cavani signing on and not getting Kane or Haaland. Will he just be happy with getting players forced on him and told to make them fit?

I'm trying to split it at the start of page 576 but all I'm doing is deleting posts Kaizero has made (a fine silver medal, granted, but not what I set out to achieve). 

Time to hand in my badge.