Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

6 hours ago, rgk_lfc said:

Chelsea are building up quite a pedigree in Europe. Two CL wins and two UEFA cup wins in the last 10-11 years. While regularly picking up premier league titles. They seem to have gotten their transfers in order also, with the exception of Kepa. Targeting younger players. Top quality youth prospects coming through. Their success in Europe, especially the manner of the win yesterday, will give them confidence in the future. 

They'll win the league next year imo. 

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

A central midfielder and a striker this summer, which they’ll doubtless buy for £150m+, and they’ll be clear by a long shot.

18 minutes ago, toon25 said:

A central midfielder and a striker this summer, which they’ll doubtless buy for £150m+, and they’ll be clear by a long shot.

I’d be down to take Giroud off their hands if we get taken over. Would be a good first step towards building a new squad. 

5 hours ago, toon25 said:

And what do you think City will do in the market? :lol: 

Nobody will ever be clear of City by a longshot. Chelsea will still be behind them in a 38 game season IMO.

5 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I think they will compete for the league. But if Kane goes to City, it might end the league competition for a few years. Pep might blow it in the CL, but he sure knows how to dominate the league. 

Tuchel seemed to instil a lot of confidence in the Chelsea players very quickly. They seemed relaxed and unafraid of making decisions. Enjoying their football, basically.

Obviously, he has his tactical skills as well, but whether that will be all be enough to stop City is something else, particularly if they sign Kane.

I think there will be a big difference in Chelsea now that there is expectation. There was no pressure on Tuchel when he took over. They weren't even expected to get top four. Now that they'll be expected to challenge on all fronts, the pressure will be different.

Edited by Froggy

Guest neesy111
16 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I think there will be a big difference in Chelsea now that there is expectation. There was no pressure on Tuchel when he took over. They weren't even expected to get top four. Now that they'll be expected to challenge on all front, the pressure will be different.

Apart from the CL win, they fluffed their lines last few weeks.

Can't see Tuchel not 'demanding' some investment to kick the side on after the result and performance. Guy seems very driven, to say the least.

Thought It was really good final, so tactically interesting with some high quality moments.

Will be certainly another side competing seriously for league title next season...Who gets Kane(and I'm not sure that Man City is the best fit for him) may have big impact but I expect to see Chelsea really pushing for league next season now.

Throw in a rejuvenated Brewcie inspired 'us' and what a competition it may be...

Looks like City want Kane and Grealish according to the Athletic Stirling could be sold to part fund it.

I do think Kane would be more suited to Chelsea as well tho.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

I think there will be a big difference in Chelsea now that there is expectation. There was no pressure on Tuchel when he took over. They weren't even expected to get top four. Now that they'll be expected to challenge on all fronts, the pressure will be different.

Why is there pressure on Tuchel next season but OGS has had two and a half seasons with no expectations?

Both clubs have had ‘tricky’ periods in recent past and required a rebuild.

Funnily enough Man Utd have spent more than Chelsea during that time too.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Looks like City want Kane and Grealish according to the Athletic Stirling could be sold to part fund it.

I do think Kane would be more suited to Chelsea as well tho.

It’d be weird seeing Kane at Man City imo. I don’t know if he’d fit well there. Man Utd or Chelsea would be much better for him imo. 

Whoever gets him will instantly become one of the favourites for the league.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

When did the order of the Play-Off Finals change anyway? Used to always be 4th tier on the Saturday, 3rd tier Sunday and the big one was the Bank Holiday Monday?

I said that to my son yesterday, I used enjoy watching Sunderland getting beat on a bank holiday Monday 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Rafalove said:

Kane would fit like a glove at Man City. Chelsea should go all out and get Haaland. They could do a swap deal with Werner involved plus cash.

I think Kane would suit any side, and I’m sure the likes of a Pep wouldn’t just sign him without recognising he may need to adjust tactics/system etc.

I don’t think pep really has to change his philosophy to any drastic degree. Kane is a good player who can come deep to get the ball and link up aswell as score goals. I often think Pep has lacked a “big man”. In his teams obviously a one hat can really football.

sometimes in the champions league when teams are hemmed in by Pep’s brilliant passing and pressing, but are defending really well and seem impossible to break down, I think having someone with height could offer something different for a defending team to think about.

the recent champions league final wasn’t that sort of situation but aimless balls in to the box would have been more of a threat with Kane in there. Also think about some of the champions league ties gone by against the like of Chelsea and inter etc when teams defend with eleven men in the box shutting off passing lanes that even the great Messi, Xavi, intiesta can’t break through. What has generally happened is they’ve ended up passing the ball out wide for someone like Alves to cross but without the physical presence to attack the ball with any great meaning. The exception being when they he Zlatan. 

On 29/05/2021 at 17:46, Disco said:

I appreciate the sentiment, and I proper love Ngolo, but Lewandowski should win by default this year after they stole it from   him last year because Ligue Un got cancelled.

He should have won it last year and for sure his stats this year are immense but Kante is coming out of games looking like the best player on the pitch. It's weird it's happening in defensive midfield but I'm sure you've played games yourself as a centre back or even goal and just pinged balls around because you knew it was the smart thing to do and were the best player on the field(same time). 

4 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Why is there pressure on Tuchel next season but OGS has had two and a half seasons with no expectations?

Both clubs have had ‘tricky’ periods in recent past and required a rebuild.

Funnily enough Man Utd have spent more than Chelsea during that time too.

Funny enough nobody said a thing about Man Utd. 

Morecambe will be playing the mackems next year.

It has to to be the worst referee performance I’ve seen in a playoff final, though. Newport had a clear penalty denied first half, and the pen Morecambe got is soft at best. More like the player threw himself to the ground, though. Bobby Madley should never been allowed back in the professional game.

25 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Dont bite Froggy

Ridiculous that people get so pathetic over a straightforward question. 

It’s a fair question to ask. Why are the expectations different? Forgive me for thinking people will engage in a conversation.