Bolton v Newcastle. Pre-match talk,teams,predictions etc.etc.

Guest Deep456

A draw would be a very good result.

Given?

Solano       Taylor        Ramage      Hunty

Butt

Parker

Milner                                           Emre

Dyer

Martins

With the pace of Martins and Dyer we COULD rape their slow defence but big sam has his teams well organised.

Got the chelsea and spurs scores correct. 1-0 Bolton (Anelka)

If we get a draw i'll be absolutely over the moon.

But, tbh, if there's any ground outside of the Top 4 where i've got us nailed on to lose - it's the Reebok. Difficult place to go, and even harder now.

Bolton doing the double over us. Christ... how times change.

However, if we play with the fight and passion and play as a team like we did against Spurs, we'll give them one hell of a game. Would love to smash Sam Allardyce and his twats of a team. 4-1 to Newcastle if there's any luck... i don't mind Gary Speed scoring a 93rd minute consolation. ;-)

I fancy 2-1 as long as Dyer + Given play...

We just got to watch Anelka and Diouf. This will be a very important game for the defence as the attacks will be coming from 3 forward players. Hopefully Pederson will play as he is less mobile and less likely to give Nobby some gip. Hunty will have to be on the top of his game to keep Diouf quiet. Probably have to have a chat with Emre to track back and stay wide as against spuds he left Hunty exposed on occasion. Butt will have to sit deep and Parker will have to keep Nolan busy.

I think the best tactic would be to sit fairly deep and play on the counter using Butt as a pivot point in the attacks spreading the ball wide which then can move the ball into advanced positions to feet allowing Dyer and Oba to run at their slow centerbacks.

Good luck lads :)

Squads from the BBC:

Newcastle (from): Given, Srnicek, Krul, Solano, Babayaro, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Parker, Butt, Emre, Milner, Duff, Pattison, Troisi, Gate, Edgar, Martins, Dyer, Sibierski, Luque, Rossi, Carroll.

Bolton (from): Jaaskelainen, Hunt, Meite, Ben Haim, Faye, Pedersen, Gardner, Campo, Nolan, Giannakopoulos, Speed, Anelka, Diouf, Davies, Vaz Te, Al Habsi, Teimourian, Tal, Fojut, Smith.

Diouf and Stelios major doubts for them, Davies back from suspension.

Duff "might" be back for us, Given is struggling.

Squads from the BBC:

Newcastle (from): Given, Srnicek, Krul, Solano, Babayaro, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Parker, Butt, Emre, Milner, Duff, Pattison, Troisi, Gate, Edgar, Martins, Dyer, Sibierski, Luque, Rossi, Carroll.

Bolton (from): Jaaskelainen, Hunt, Meite, Ben Haim, Faye, Pedersen, Gardner, Campo, Nolan, Giannakopoulos, Speed, Anelka, Diouf, Davies, Vaz Te, Al Habsi, Teimourian, Tal, Fojut, Smith.

Diouf and Stelios major doubts for them, Davies back from suspension.

Duff "might" be back for us, Given is struggling.

...............Jaaskelainen..........

Hunt Ben Haim Faye Gardner?

..................Campo................

............Nolan....Speed.........

Anelka..................Pederson

..................Davies................

Probably. I fancy our chances if we can use the width. Nolan, Speed and Campo are likely to stay narrow so it will be important to keep it wide and not try to force it through a narrow midfield.

Hunty will probably line up against Anelka so it will be important for Emre to double up on him. Parker will have to watch the three midfielders movement in attacks making sure Speed is picked up in the box and Campo gets no time on the ball outside the area.

It is a hard ground for us to go to, with us being in good form I am going for a win to us.  With a glut of games coming, a draw would be a good point.

our pace up front should frighten the life out of them and I don't think speed and campo will be pushing up as far as usual. If we keep anelka quiet then we should be able to get something out of this game, he's been on fire lately.

I'll go for a 1-2 for us keeping the same team as the other day (given?? for Krul).

I fancy us to nick this one. It all depends on our own performance. I haven't been following Bolton too closely lately but I watched them get battered by Aston Villa last weekend, only to win with a very dubious late penalty.

It's always a tough game at the Reebok but in Dyer and Martins we could rape them for pace. I honestly believe if we give them the right service we will win this. In front of their own fans the onus will be on them to attack us from the off and that will give us opportunities to find Dyer and Martins in space on the counter. Diouf looks like he'll be out for them which would be a big loss as it would rob their side of much-needed pace. He's an expert wind-up and a canny player.

I'd like to see Duff back in the team at left-wing as he would give Huntington more protection. If Duff does come back then Roeder has a tough decision about central midfield. One of Emre/Butt/Parker would likely be dropped.

I have a feeling Roeder will go into this game 4-5-1 but I think this would be a big mistake. If we're that scared of Bolton bloody Wanderers we totally deserve to be in the bottom half of the table. We should go 4-4-2 and look to get balls in behind their slow defenders, that's where we can win this game.

I have a feeling Roeder will go into this game 4-5-1 but I think this would be a big mistake. If we're that scared of Bolton bloody Wanderers we totally deserve to be in the bottom half of the table. We should go 4-4-2 and look to get balls in behind their slow defenders, that's where we can win this game.

Second that!! :)

Guest mishka17

well, aint gonna be an easy match for us. our resoults arent good, bolton recently is playing (so are we) so ... fook it ... well live, well see..hope given will recover, if not - good luck pavel !

I don't fancy this one. Bolton are strong in the air from crosses and set pieces and we're not. Defensively, they're very streetwise.

What we have going for us is that, for once in this fixture, we'll be going in an underdogs. Still think we'll lose though.