Leeds United 5-2 Newcastle United - 16/12/2020 - Postmatch reaction from page 18

Disco

It was a typical Bruce performance and it nearly worked. The game turned on the 3rd goal imo (yes I know we equalised ar 2-1 down but had we gone ahead again at 1-1 I think it would have had a huge impact).

Kevin Friend must despise use, if kicking an opposition player without getting anywhere near the ball isn’t a clear and obvious error or at worst worthy of suggesting that the ref takes a look then Kevin Cunt shouldn’t be allowed to referee a game again. For all our failings there’s no excusing that decision.

It was a typical Bruce performance and it nearly worked. The game turned on the 3rd goal imo (yes I know we equalised ar 2-1 down but had we gone ahead again at 1-1 I think it would have had a huge impact).

Kevin Friend must despise use, if kicking an opposition player without getting anywhere near the ball isn’t a clear and obvious error or at worst worthy of suggesting that the ref takes a look then Kevin Cunt shouldn’t be allowed to referee a game again. For all our failings there’s no excusing that decision.

I mean, the referee was Simon Hooper like (despite the club tweeting earlier today it was Graham Scott), but blame poor Kevin if you want.

Kevin Friend must despise use, if kicking an opposition player without getting anywhere near the ball isn’t a clear and obvious error or at worst worthy of suggesting that the ref takes a look then Kevin c*** shouldn’t be allowed to referee a game again. For all our failings there’s no excusing that decision.

I mean, the referee was Simon Hooper like (despite the club tweeting earlier today it was Graham Scott), but blame poor Kevin if you want.

It was horrendous tbf.

VAR is there to help the referee when they haven’t had a clear view or have just got it wrong. It’s not there to show an official at Stockley Park what actually happened and for them to ignore it and not let the ref know that they may have got it wrong.

Kevin Friend is as bad as it gets when it comes to us.

I think he’s saying Kevin friend was operating VAR

VAR is there to help the referee when they haven’t had a clear view or have just got it wrong. It’s not there to show an official at Stockley Park what actually happened and for them to ignore it and not let the ref know that they may have got it wrong.

Kevin Friend is as bad as it gets when it comes to us.

Between Friend and Hooper I'm not sure the concept of awarding a penalty to Newcastle registers as within the laws of the game. Pair of fucking dunces.

As for Bruce's postmatch remarks I'm incredulous, I really am. If, after a result like this, he can't see why allowing the opposition several shots at goal unimpeded whilst offering very little attacking threat isn't shit then I don't know whrn he will.

McClen had a similar run to Longstaff’s half a dozen good games under Benitez (not as good mind you) for a spell in 2001/2. I’m not saying his career will go the same way but we’ve seen before young players coming in starting well and not making it long term.

McClen had a similar run to Longstaff’s half a dozen good games under Benitez (not as good mind you) for a spell in 2001/2. I’m not saying his career will go the same way but we’ve seen before young players coming in starting well and not making it long term.

Jamie McClen started good? I cant remember that part of his career.

It looked encouraging for the first 5 minutes yesterday too. We were pressing them high up the pitch and forcing them into giving the ball away to us in their half. Didn’t take long to revert to type.

Guest neesy111

It looked encouraging for the first 5 minutes yesterday too. We were pressing them high up the pitch and forcing them into giving the ball away to us in their half. Didn’t take long to revert to type.

We did that vs Palace and West Brom.

Didn't even realise we played. That's a cracking result.

Such bullshit

First bit definitely not bullshit. I didn't know what people were talking about in the Sean Longstaff thread.

Second bit? Slight sarcasm, but also a salient point. Ste've been lucky to avoid such demonstrable humiliation, since Haemorrhoid-heed took over. And it's rattled one or two cages in the pundit parlour. So, in terms of the smaller, bigger picture, a cracking result.

Such an angry arsehole.