Elliot Anderson: joins Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal with 5 year contract (Official)

joeyt

I’m not sure you could sign many young players in the top two leagues with potential for £10m now. I get why it’s needed to happen but this doesn’t feel like a Chelsea type deal where they flog these young players for a fair price. We’ve been done a bit. 

Sad to see Anderson go. Surely we could have shifted a Longstaff, Almiron type player first for more money. 

That said I still don’t really know where he plays. He doesn’t seem to have the pace for the wider positions but doesn’t impose himself enough yet for the central ones. He’s talented though, and definitely positive with the ball which is something dangerous to give away for so cheap.

Good luck to the lad, I hope he does well. 

These PSR rules are shit. 

37 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Never rated him so not sad to see him go. Someone at the club really fucked over over the is whole PSR thing though, how did we allow it to get this far ?

I think they have been waiting to see if anyone Bit at Brunos release clause, and when they haven't we have had to look at other sales.

We aren't the only club making deals this last week. We've just left it abit later than the others

6 hours ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Some takes on here provide evidence that humans made a mistake crawling out of the trees.

I'd like to see someone try without falling and breaking their neck

Edited by Arknor

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Never rated him so not sad to see him go. Someone at the club really fucked over over the is whole PSR thing though, how did we allow it to get this far ?

Allowing it to go too far would have been having to sell key players IMO.

We are just moving young players that are not actually key pieces for us at the minute.

In actuality, I believe the club is doing what it should be.

Thanks to the previous owner we have zero assets, as the players we would like to move on are not valued. Also the academy was so poorly managed, that we had nothing coming through there either.

And so selling a couple of youngsters with some promise feels like such a big deal, due to the dearth of such players we've had for a while now.

Just now, KaKa said:

Allowing it to go too far would have been having to sell key players IMO.

We are just moving young players that are not actually key pieces for us at the minute.

In actuality, I believe the club is doing what it should be.

Thanks to the previous owner we have zero assets, as the players we would like to move on are not valued. Also the academy was so poorly managed, that we had nothing coming through there either.

And so selling a couple of youngsters with some promise feels like such a big deal, due to the dearth of such players we've had for a while now.

I meant this far as in close to the deadline. That was no way intentional from the club imo. Got no issue with either Minteh or Anderson going. 

Whist it’s shit that we’re having to sell academy graduates to comply with PSR rules, he’s probably the most disposable member of the squad as things stand.

For all the “Geordie Maradona” hype, I’ve never really seen anything from him that tells me that he’s good enough to be where we want to be in the next few years. 

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I meant this far as in close to the deadline. That was no way intentional from the club imo. Got no issue with either Minteh or Anderson going. 

With the deadline date of Brunos release.clause then I'd say it was pretty intentional.

5 hours ago, r0cafella said:

10m can’t be true, less than those lads who haven’t kicked a ball. :lol:

It actually seems to be a pretty good fee.

I was looking at some of Villa's sales to compare and it seems to line up.

For example they sold Jaden Philogene to Hull city for just under £5 million, and he looks a decent prospect, and ended up with 12 goals and 6 assists in the Championship, and is now getting Premier League interest. He's a winger, but looks to have more about him than Anderson at the minute.

They also sold that Carney Chukwuemeka to Chelsea for around £15 million, and he looked a much brighter prospect than what Anderson has shown so far, and we only got £5 million less for Anderson.

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah, but I'm not convinced it was the mad scramble it's being made out to be.

Think it only came down to the end to try and get the best deal available, and they would have been lining up different options and negotiating right up until as late as possible to get the best money they could.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yeah, but I'm not convinced it was the mad scramble it's being made out to be.

Think it only came down to the end to try and get the best deal available, and they would have been lining up different options and negotiating right up until as late as possible to get the best money they could.

Possibly, we probably won’t ever know tbh. Main thing now is we hopefully bring in a couple of quality additions to the first team.

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Possibly, we probably won’t ever know tbh. Main thing now is we hopefully bring in a couple of quality additions to the first team.

All we can want is for every window we get in better than what’s going out, as cliche as it sounds but i believe Tonali will be like a new signing for us.

Ah man, really didn't want him to go, think he had loads of potential. PSR fucking sucks. Having to sell an academy graduate to appease some arbitrary set of rules :anguish:

Edited by 54

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Ah man, really didn't want him to go, think he hads loads of potential. PSR fucking sucks. Having to sell an academy graduate to appease some arbitrary set of rules :anguish:

Yeah but you can’t buy buy buy and not sell sell sell - unfortunately nobody wants most of the dross we were left holding when the music stopped and Ashley left. We all knew it will be a long road to recovery and sacrifices would be made, this and Minteh to balance three years that seen us bring in the likes of Pope, Botman, Bruno, Tonali, Gordon and Isak and greatly improving players as well as more astute signing as well has been a great three year success for me personally.

5 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Really? You'd feel better about selling Gordon, Tino, Hall, or Miley?

By young player I’m thinking 20 and under and excluding £28m signings.  

out of Minteh, Miley and the other kids. Minteh has shown the most potential so far. Us selling Minteh is worse than Chelsea selling Hall to us. We laughed at them. 

Seems sad to let him go because of this PSR bullshit, as realistically we would give the lad a little bit more time to prove himself considering he had an injury setback.

Unfortunately we aren't allowed that time, and we have a lot of undesirable saleable assets we can't move on in time/for a sufficient fee to satiate PSR.

I hope he goes on to find his feet in the PL and come good on the early signs of potential he has shown, but the cold hard facts are he was down the pecking order here and we need to get used to player sales even if players show some potential.

The harder ones to take will be the players who actually are critical to how we play, I'm not sure NO is ready for that scenario based on the last couple of days, myself included :lol:

10m as a fee seems decent to me. The question to ask is would I be happy paying that for him and the answer is meh, whatever. I wouldn't be happy paying more. 

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

By young player I’m thinking 20 and under and excluding £28m signings.  

out of Minteh, Miley and the other kids. Minteh has shown the most potential so far. Us selling Minteh is worse than Chelsea selling Hall to us. We laughed at them. 

Ok, so we should've offloaded Ben Parkinson.  Got it.

9 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Seems sad to let him go because of this PSR bullshit, as realistically we would give the lad a little bit more time to prove himself considering he had an injury setback.

Unfortunately we aren't allowed that time, and we have a lot of undesirable saleable assets we can't move on in time/for a sufficient fee to satiate PSR.

I hope he goes on to find his feet in the PL and come good on the early signs of potential he has shown, but the cold hard facts are he was down the pecking order here and we need to get used to player sales even if players show some potential.

The harder ones to take will be the players who actually are critical to how we play, I'm not sure NO is ready for that scenario based on the last couple of days, myself included :lol:

That last point seems inevitable. IMO the club should do more to warm up the fanbase to that fact.  

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That last point seems inevitable. IMO the club should do more to warm up the fanbase to that fact.  

Yep complete inevitability, and nobody is safe when the likes of Man city/Madrid/Bayern etc come knocking on the door for your top players.