Elliot Anderson: joins Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal with 5 year contract (Official)

joeyt

9 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

Straight cash sale 

PSR really needs sorting - it's just insane clubs are being forced to sell Academy graduates.  I hope he is going to be well compensated ££££ as you would assume he wouldn't want to leave his home town club.  We have managed to keep the core team intact but it's just shone a huge spot light on how broken the system is.  Let's see how the rules change in August.

Just now, gdm said:

Why would Forest take our 5th choice midfielder and sell us their best player :lol: 

We have him as one of our main targets (according to media), so a deal for him was possible regardless. I just think this makes it more likely tbh.

It's funny, how if you look at the facts he's worth more then Minteh.

Anderson has had over 50 games at Premier League level, has proven to be tactically adept, can play in multiple positions, has elite stats and has improved year on year, was getting touted for England earlier in the year, and has high potential.

Minteh has had a good if not spectacular season in the Netherlands in which the Feyernord fans weren't that fussed with him.

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I think he’ll do really well at Forest, can see him scoring a decent amount of goals once he finally gets his first 

Not sure he's really cut out to be a PL player tbh, but I think he'd tear it up in the championship.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We have him as one of our main targets (according to media), so a deal for him was possible regardless. I just think this makes it more likely tbh.

But those deals only work if Forest needed money for PSR well they clearly don’t if they are spending £35m the day before the PSR deadline. It resets for the year so it would appear Forest have no need to see MGW

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Why would Forest take our 5th choice midfielder and sell us their best player :lol: 

It's not that complicated.

If we want MGW and are willing to pay 50/60m, Forest might not have a choice... in the same way if City came in for Bruno.

Anderson is our 5th choice midfielder because he's young and we have 4 central midfielders who cost about 200m to aquire. That doesn't make him a bad player or someone who isn't valuable.

Just now, STM said:

It's not that complicated.

If we want MGW and are willing to pay 50/60m, Forest might not have a choice... in the same way if City came in for Bruno.

Anderson is our 5th choice midfielder because he's young and we have 4 central midfielders who cost about 200m to aquire. That doesn't make him a bad player or someone who isn't valuable.

as I’ve just said that makes sense if Forest needed the money to comply with PSR. It appears they don’t so why would they sell? 

Was catching up on this thread noticing all the comments about £10m and wondering why I was so out of touch thinking it should be more like £25m… young, English, versatile, lots of premier league experience… 

Now I’m wondering if it is really £35m, if we couldn’t have kept Minteh and see if he developed under Eddie. Effectively gamble on him being the player Brightons metrics think he is.

Wish Elliot a bright future, except against us, always felt he has something though it’s not quite happened yet.